advertisement

Speakers for Tony

Those look great! Tweeter at proper height and nice 200L cabinet. Looking forward to full report.

They look great, Tony.

All you need is a little girl in the picture to provide a sense of scale.

Joe

Hi Tony. I am not 100% sure they are the speakers I took with Vinnie to Marco's to compare with his Lockwoods, but if they are, I thought they sounded ace.

Tony,

Did you get a pair of Yorks?

1968d.jpg

Joe

Look normal sized cabs for a 15" driver to me;-) :)

Hard to tell from that photo are they GRF's? What is the construction material?

And relax! Excellent stuff. Looks like I'm going to be effectively Tannoyless for the next few years, unfortunately but I'd never sell them.

Twenty-two pages of spills, thrills and catch-in-throat excitement.

How will it end? Will the hero get the girl?

In the film version that Wim Wenders is currently making, Tony ends up in a conversation with Mikhail Gorbachev, who it turns out is an old fan of Tannoys, although he's recently been using a pair of massive Klisch horns sourced from East Germany. In the film, Tony and Gorbachev meet in an old speaker warehouse in Pankow where a load of the vintage speakers used by the former GDR administrators have been secretly stashed since the fall of the wall. Surrounded by obsolescent but magical relics of a previous political and musical era, Tony and Gorbachev muse on the decline of the Soviet Union and discuss their favorite Supraphon pressings.

Prior to this Jason Bourne made an appearance and there were lots of exciting chases with Trabants.

I'd like to know how he got them so fast. I thought he had just seen the ad yesterday morning. I thought the seller was hundreds of miles away. Someone provided a nice delivery service.

loving it!!

active Altecs ... with built in tube amps!!

I was ''gasping at £10k for Altecs (and was about to go on a JBL / TAD rant..) "

- but then I saw the active/inbuilt tube amps and I'm just smiling at them now.

Sigh.

Man-fi.

This hifi comes with a free pair of enormous bollocks.

Hi Tony. I am not 100% sure they are the speakers I took with Vinnie to Marco's to compare with his Lockwoods, but if they are, I thought they sounded ace.
Hi Steve
No these are not the one's that I had before ,they are better condition than those,the units that is.
Vinnie.

I'd like to know how he got them so fast. I thought he had just seen the ad yesterday morning. I thought the seller was hundreds of miles away. Someone provided a nice delivery service.

Few people are sanctioned to know the magnitude of Tony's true powers.

advertisement

Back