advertisement

Speakers close to wall suggestions - largish room

There are triangles and triangles. An equilateral one is okay if you like a narrow reception area but an isosceles with two longer sides increases the sound-stage/imaging etc. considetrably.
This is not my experience, of both scenarios.

Last edited:
Another angle on the ELAC AS61-https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/elac-adante-as-61-speaker-review.11507/

Had a pair of NS1000s here last week, fine speakers if upgraded.
Good in both formats to my ears...
That review and it’s comments always makes me chuckle, as do most ASR reviews.
Suggest anyone who can actually hears them.
Trust your ears, not reviews.

Lots of good suggestions on the thread- thank you.

It seems that the best solutions for close to walls are wide baffles but narrow in depth?

Hadn't ever really considered klipsh or Tannoy before but the thread has definitely got me interested.

What I'll likely do is hold on to my Harbeths for now, been really enjoying them recently, then try them in the new position. I was thinking about getting a wiim pro plus which has some room eq, so can give that a shot too. If that doesn't work will see what's available re wider baffled speakers, there is also the Neat Xplorers, and I do like Neat so that would possibly be a front runner too.

Has anyone listened to the Klipsch heritage heresy iv ? Seem to be good value and work close to a wall... mostly positive reviews and still current.

not quite the heritage but of course these are designed for the wall and corner , hence the name
lovely 2 year old pair just come up

advertisement

Back