advertisement

SONY ES

If anyone is interested I'll be listing my 870ES amp shortly, as soon as I've taken some photographs.

I've not used it much since getting it serviced by Henry two years ago (Lots of new MOSFETS for example) but its currently pumping out Pink Floyd rather wonderfully.

I just prefer the sound of my Musical Fidelity and have too many boxes...

Price please ? :rolleyes:

I never found out why the UK TA-F770ES seems to have a higher power consumption than models for other parts of the world (see post#113) - does anyone know?

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Re the 870, I plan on using the £ raised to get a new cartridge ; cost for the one I have in mind is around £875 so thats what I'll let it go for. Henry / TopRepairMan replaced all the MOSFETS two years ago, I have a remote for it and a PDF copy of the service manual. I live near Reading, this is a BIG beast (just under 24kg) and I'd much rather it was collected so that it can be heard.

Lovely amp. I have the near identical TA-F770ES and I'm extremely satisfied with it.

The bottom half of that yellow sticker on the back panel is where it would have said what mains voltage this unit is for.

I’m curious as to why the wording on the front panel is different to any other 770/870 I’ve seen pictures of. Perhaps it was a home market model?

advertisement

Back