advertisement

Small wall mounted speakers that sound good

IMG-0659.jpg
I have PMC DB1s wall mounted in the kitchen. I got them s/h and find they work well with the 34,306. There are (quite expensive) wall brackets available but I knocked up supports out of steel strap, attaching to the bolt sockets at the back. The port is at the front to allow close placing against the wall.
That's a posh door and door frame! Do you live in a church?

Just an update.
i listened to some Dali slim floorstanders and Monitor Audio Silver 200 7 at Richer sounds today.
The Monitor Audios we’re almost double the price of the Dalis and they went over budget too, but I ordered them anyway🙄
as you do….
Im not getting any younger and they looked and sounded great, plus they passed the all important wife acceptance test.😉
The Dalis sounded quite good but rougher across the entire frequency band and with less coherent detail than the MAs.
Both had good dynamics and transient speed from what I could tell.
The MAs simply sounded great with whatever we played on them, despite that fact that we prefer vinyl to CD, it was still an enjoyable experience. 👍
I now have a problem with speaker cables that are too short. Lol
It never ends…..

IMG-0659.jpg
I have PMC DB1s wall mounted in the kitchen. I got them s/h and find they work well with the 34,306. There are (quite expensive) wall brackets available but I knocked up supports out of steel strap, attaching to the bolt sockets at the back. The port is at the front to allow close placing against the wall.
That would be my suggestion, given they also make wall brackets for them too.

Ah well, just read your update @Jazzer so good luck with the new speakers.

This was going to be my suggestion (not for the first time in this thread):
IMG_20231021_112123.jpg
Thanks Peter.
I am sure that they sound great but my wife and I have quite different ideas about what sounds good, unfortunately.🙄
We have gone from having a room that I could set up almost as I wanted, once upon a time, to blending the hifi in with the TV etc, in a smaller room and working to a budget too.
The footprint of the speakers Is crucial and it would need to be a lot smaller than it appears to be on your stands.
Thats why we can’t use the Epos ES11 stands that I have been using to date.

I am going to try my old pre cirkus LP12 as source, on a light pine table.
It used to be on a dedicated metal spiked stand.
The bottom line is that It’s never going to be perfect but we both liked the Monitor Audios, from what we heard and I expect we will just live with them whatever.🤷‍♂️

Have you found anywhere to demo the ATC wall mounts? I have a pair of the HTC7 and they are fab on the wall as they are designed for the wall and have crossovers tuned to compensate.

Have you found anywhere to demo the ATC wall mounts? I have a pair of the HTC7 and they are fab on the wall as they are designed for the wall and have crossovers tuned to compensate.
No, we only went to one demo.
TBH, after I posted the original question, I quickly realised that wall mounted speakers wouldn’t fit in with our room as it is now.
I thought at first that it was a good way to go but then thought that some slim floorstanders might work better.
Whatever speakers we chose would have to be acceptable to both myself and my wife and she prefers a smoother warmer sound with a fair bit of bass.
Sadly, I prefer a dynamic and in your face sound, something like you get with horn loaded speakers.
There was never going to be an ideal solution, given the physical constraints but ten MAs seemed like a good compromise.

advertisement

Back