advertisement

Small wall mounted speakers that sound good

Jazzer

pfm Member
We have just moved house and downsized somewhat.
The result of this means that my beloved old hifi has basically nowhere suitable to go. šŸ˜”
My LP12 and other kit used to stand on an old Partington table, similar to a Target stand.
I was thinking of putting the LP12 on an IKEA Lack table and just having my amps underneath.
Anyone done anything like this?

My far bigger problem is what to do about the speakers.
For the last 25 years I have used Epos ES11on their own stands.
I donā€™t think I can fit them into the new room so I was wondering if anyone knows of any modern small wall mount speakers that donā€™t sound too shabby?
Unfortunately, I think stands are out.šŸ„ŗ
I have considered Kans but I donā€™t really want to buy something that is as old as they are now, unless they can be reliably refurbished.
Even then, Iā€™m not sure I could get them past the wife, lol.

Where are you putting your vinyl, does that offer a surface to put stuff on? Dali menuet possibly re speakers, although rear ported

I havenā€™t listened to them (or any other speakers in years) but the new version Rega Kyte look interesting and seem to have been well received .

Spendor SR5 are a wall mount design (they come with dedicated mounting plates), I enjoyed them a lot when I had them.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I think itā€™s going to be difficult to find a wall mounted compact speaker that I can afford and like the sound of.šŸ¤”
We are now considering slim floorstanders, too.
Budget is up to about Ā£1000 pounds but it might be possible to go a bit higher.
I would prefer new, seeing as I haven't bought any new hardware since 2001 and my LP12 was bought second hand in 2005. LOL
last of the big spendersā€¦l
Itā€™s annoying that good sound requires so many compromises if you donā€™t have a dedicated room.
I should add that I donā€™t listen to classical or jazz, despite my name hear.
I want something thatā€™s lively, dynamic and kick ass, with a bit of bass to keep my wife happy.
Not too bothered about detail or accuracy either.

A friend has floorstanding Dali Epicon 7s and I find their presentation fits the description of the type of sound youā€™re after. Theyā€™re not the last word in detail but theyā€™re certainly entertaining. I would also consider looking at Q Acoustic.

Home demo really is essential. Having moved the same pair of speakers around three rooms here they behaved completely differently in each room. They were amazing in one, needed careful placement in others.

Home demo really is essential. Having moved the same pair of speakers around three rooms here they behaved completely differently in each room. They were amazing in one, needed careful placement in others.
Thatā€™s a good idea but not sure how easy it wouā€d be to arrange.

Where are you putting your vinyl, does that offer a surface to put stuff on? Dali menuet possibly re speakers, although rear ported
The records will have to be stored upstairs.
It is going to be a big compromise.
its a shame that I prefer listening to records more than any other format. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

IMG-0659.jpg
I have PMC DB1s wall mounted in the kitchen. I got them s/h and find they work well with the 34,306. There are (quite expensive) wall brackets available but I knocked up supports out of steel strap, attaching to the bolt sockets at the back. The port is at the front to allow close placing against the wall.

advertisement

Back