advertisement

Sir David Attenborough warns of climate 'crisis moment'

You all gonna give up your foriegn holidays then? No? And driving insanely fast sports cars, that's fine too. And you keep saying you're a flexitarian, but you actually eat meat everyday. Yeh, global warming is someone elses fault. And of course your 3 foriegn holidays per year are fine because you cycle to work right? A tax on flights will just mean a few poor people might find it unaffordable, whilst it will make little difference to the middle classes. Whatever action taken on global warming has to be seen to be fair to everyone otherwise it will just fuel resentment. The rich don't care about the £20 daily congestion charge in London, why not just ban cars from the centre of London out right?

I think Sir David is absolutely right. About time government stopped all the posturing and words and actually took some real action on one of the biggest issues our generation faces.

You’d think that someone who has been studying THE GREAT CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX for 25 YEARS would know that 400 parts per million is not 0.0000008% of the earth's atmosphere.

Joe

Doctorf,

I’m surprised you liked that post. Are you that grossly misinformed on the issue that the ramblings of a scientifically illiterate conspiracy nut ring true?

Joe

I remember back in the early 1990s the Daily Echo (the local newspaper in the South Coast) predicting that by now the Isle of Wight would be completely submerged and we'd be growing olives and lemons on the South Downs!

Doctorf,

I’m surprised you liked that post. Are you that grossly misinformed on the issue that the ramblings of a scientifically illiterate conspiracy nut ring true?

Joe

The "no recorded warming since 1998" is a tell... 1998 was an unusually warm year compared with the years either side, so if you draw a line from there to about 2014 it is almost flat, which is why climate change deniers keep referring to it. However, what was a spike in 1998 became the norm around 6 years later and has now been exceeded every year since 2013.

Some evidence here: https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

The other tactic, also on display here, is to cherry-pick past predictions that were incorrect and use them to discredit all predictions in the same field.

zarniwoop,

The other tactic, also on display here, is to cherry-pick past predictions that were incorrect and use them to discredit all predictions in the same field.

Indeed, that and writing patently false nonsense. If we’re at the point where someone asserts that CO2 isn’t even a greenhouse gas —

CO2 DOES NOT trap or retain heat, it's physical properties don't allow it to

— we’re in remedial high school science class for jocks territory.

Here's an illustration of a CO2 molecule doing its thang.

Db0HBeA.gif

Joe

Doctorf,

I’m surprised you liked that post. Are you that grossly misinformed on the issue that the ramblings of a conspiracy nut ring true?

Joe
I’m fed up of being preached to by hypocritical control freaks.
The post was a breath of fresh air and the video was eye opening.

Doc,

Was it the ALL CAPS, the poor math or the misunderstanding of basic science that impressed you most?

FWIW, I'm fed up with people and politicians who derail any effort to avoid a climate catastrophe. I guess we all have our crosses to bear. You don't like being preached at and I'm bothered by mass extinctions.

Enjoy the breath of fresh air, unless you happen to be in NSW, Australia.

Joe

I’m fed up with reading specious claptrap from people who misrepresent basic science and can’t seem to deal with facts.

well, this is a little encouraging....

Top 25 celebrities Brits would most like to see as Prime Minister (people that answered the poll could choose more than one option if you were wondering why your maths don't add up):

1. David Attenborough (21 percent)
2. Stephen Fry (14 percent)
3. Richard Branson (13 percent)
4. Jeremy Clarkson (13 percent)
5. Hugh Grant (9 percent)
6. Piers Morgan (9 percent)
7. Ant and Dec (9 percent)
8. Jurgen Klopp (9 percent)
9. Helen Mirren (8 percent)
10. JK Rowling (8 percent)
11. Ricky Gervais (7 percent)
12. James Corden (7 percent)
13. Emma Watson (7 percent)
14. Gareth Southgate (7 percent)
15. Adele (7 percent)
16. Russell Brand (6 percent)
17. Mary Berry (6 percent)
18. Lenny Henry (6 percent)
19. Robert Carlyle (6 percent)
20. Sharon Osbourne (5 percent)
21. Stormzy (5 percent)
22. Alan Partridge (5 percent)
23. Harry Styles (5 percent)
24. Ruth Jones (5 percent)
25. Prue Leith (5 percent)

https://www.ladbible.com/news/celeb...s-been-named-as-the-nations-dream-pm-20200116

Australia is on fire, and to add insult to climate change the government gave consent for a new coal mine last year.

The size of the UK.... and producing 60 million tonne of poor grade coal every year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmichael_coal_mine

Still it helps fund those who wish to drive their four litre 6 or 8 cylinder Porsches..

Shame on all the willy waving, look at me neanderthals.

Ohhh but it's governments job to tackle global warming not mine... they will retort.

Climate change is a natural process that has been happening since time began on earth, we have just speeded up the process & now find ourselves scrambling to find the off switch.

Only way to save the planet is to remove human beings from it.

I don’t eat meat, don’t drive, don’t go on foreign holidays
Me too &would say my personal carbon footprint is next to zero but it's out of choice. Problem is changing other's to follow suit.

When we have most of the civilised world refusing to take part how on earth is this going to change.

It's been too late for years, nothing the human race does will save this planet from heating up.

I don’t drive much, unless I have to.
I don’t fly much, unless I have to.
I don’t eat meat often, unless I fancy.
I don't buy plastic bags, unless I have to.
etc etc etc.

Sorry, doc, I misread your post. I don't have much use for preachy hypocrites either. (Al Gore was a good example of this. His carbon footprint is larger than that of a village in Africa. He's right about climate change, but I'm not seeing Greta levels of personal sacrifice.)

And I've become cranky in my middle age. Sorry for the arsiness.

Joe

advertisement

Back