advertisement

Shrinking grocery items

I gave up on GAP many years ago, after I was addicted as from early 90s.

I ended up using the financial sledge hammer, Reiss, to crack the simple T-shirt fit nut. Reiss still make their T-shirts with the 90s slim waist fit and at a good quality. Though I have found Next slim fit range to be a good fit at a thankfully lower cost too.

Environmentally these tissue paper thin T-shirts that don't last are wrong. Its a race to the bottom in terms of mainstream fashion quality and environmental impact.

The cost of making a shoe is in assembly, not the materials, and that doesn’t change much from size to size.

Width is very much a decision of the manufacturer, but the small sizing could be due to the factory using US-sized soles, and then the shoes are mis-converted from US sizes. In men’s shoes, a US 10 is a UK 9, but it’s not simply “subtract one”, because a US 11 is a UK 9.5. I generally use European sizes when I buy shoes, as there’s far less ambiguity involved, but even then my 45 could be a 44.5 or 45.5 depending on brand.

Shoes cannot be bought online with any kind of success - sizing is too variable, and it’s the one thing where you need a proper fit.
Sounds plausible. Someone else suggested it was down to the sizing of the lasts they use, and that SE Asian people have smaller feet than Europeans .

Shoes cannot be bought online with any kind of success

rather sweeping statement - they can and i have. Bought all of my Tricker's online - once you understand which last they are using then is is reliable and easy

Sounds plausible. Someone else suggested it was down to the sizing of the lasts they use, and that SE Asian people have smaller feet than Europeans .

I take it you are 'Murican' to have that sort of thoughts circulating in your head?

ah, amazing, thanks for sharing this

and look at the next GAP commercial, directed by coen brothers with denis hopper

even 'love is all around' didn't screw the one with orlando bloom directed by cameron crowe

rather sweeping statement - they can and i have. Bought all of my Tricker's online - once you understand which last they are using then is is reliable and easy
Did you buy your first pair of them online, too? If I paid that much for a pair of shoes (and I would), I would want to be properly measured first... a pair of shoes that will last over a decade is not so great if they pinch.
But there is a difference: buying from a relatively small shoe maker like Tricker’s, you can be fairly confident that sizing will be consistent across models, because they’re all sewn on the same lasts, but when you’re dealing with a shoe brand that could be sourcing models from multiple factories, then sizing is much more of a gamble.

I actually have bought shoes online, but only another copy of a pair of hill-walking shoes that I had that had worn out, but were no longer stocked at my local shop. When it’s the same brand, same model, same size, it’ll be the same fit, but I wouldn’t take a shot in the dark.

advertisement

Back