advertisement

Show off your 2014 builds what plans for 2015?

bownose

pfm Member
What have you made?
What do you hope to make?

I made a phonograph device... (Build progress here ). I am not sure what 2015 will hold nothing hifi planned, but I am still dallying with the idea of desktop CNC.

Princess Celestia Slip Mat by c-g., on Flickr

Show yours off, be proud of what you build no matter what.

A pair of Voyager mono block clones.

finishedncc200.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New NCC200 boards for the Voyagers

voyagerxl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Twisted Pear Opus configured as a digital pre with Ventus Headphone out.

DSCN0445.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I finished quite a lot of jobs off this year so I could show at Scalford hall last March. I've pretty much sold it all on and started again ready for next march's show though!

Document document document
Document your progress... Always, trust me. Memory is fickle.

These are great, really. let's get this going at least until the year keels over and dies.

Document document document
Document your progress... Always, trust me. Memory is fickle.

These are great, really. let's get this going at least until the year keels over and dies.

I try and document most of my more involved projects on here for that very reason, I sort of use my threads like somewhere to throw ideas so I don't forget what my original thought process was of deviate to far from it.

Quite a big self-build for me this year.

I have put together an active system (installing it today) and for it I built a ZAP 250:

And for the new office system upstairs a little amp that I have named the ZAP 120:

It was originally a NAIM NAP120. I purchased here on pfm as a PSU (the amp bits had been stripped out) and converted it back to an amplifier with the addition of a pair of 250 NAPA boards and a couple of Avondale bits (a NAP110 PSU and a TPR2 for the pre-amp).

To go with it, I bought a NAC22, totally restored it, and built a pair of NJ phono boards:

My Voyagers. Still plenty to do yet. These are going into new enclosures next year with Avondale psu boards etc.

I might finish this next year with a bit of luck;

And so much talent on one thread really lifts the spirit.

My plans for 2015 are pretty straight forward.

The new listening room/workshop is about half way through its build now with the roof to go on next. Then it’s chocks away with installing the lovely Buffalo/821A/Voyage/PMC into its new home.

I also have a NAS Spacedeck heavy with Lyra Dorian and Paradise phono stage which I built end of last year but it’s so good I’ll break the rules a little and include it.

PSU

DSCN0467.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The PSU has changed a little and now has SIC diodes (Cree) and Mundorf tank caps.

AMP with Calvin OP buffer

DSCN0466.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Alan

Are those Vishay Tants that you have on the FB of your NCC200?

A rework of an old DAC project currently on the bench and hope to finish before the new year.
A few little tweaks and enhancements but mainly adding a half decent USB input to the existing S/PDIFS. The old case wasn't big enough to add a fag paper, let alone a few more boards so an old gutted NAD amp case has been pressed into service.

@Shoom, NO, I still haven't finished that amp :(

Excuse? We thought we were emigrating late this year, sold the SBLs etc. and then the deal fell apart. Now speakerless and searching for some nice standmounts. (B&W CDM1NT, Jamo Concert8 etc.) Maybe next year...

A pair of Voyager for which I still need to make the front panels.

A set of Salas Folded Simplistic phonostages.

A Nelson Pass F4 power amp.

A little project for next year.

Hi Chris

Long time no see.

How’s it going? All good I hope.

‘’@Shoom, NO, I still haven't finished that amp

Excuse? We thought we were emigrating late this year, sold the SBLs etc. and then the deal fell apart. Now speakerless and searching for some nice standmounts. (B&W CDM1NT, Jamo Concert8 etc.) Maybe next year...’’

Not finished the amp? It’s going to be an antique by the time you power it up.:D

Those speakers look like a good choice and should work well with the Lovely SC DAC that you’ve built.:cool:

Nice work.

Let’s make something nice to drive the B&W/Jamo with.

Ready when you are.:cool:

Take care

I'd love to build some of those Voyager mono block amps
But I have no experience with electronics at all.
How difficult is it?
Do they come in kits and what do they cost?
Anyone local to sheffield or chesterfield interested in helping me build some?
Really jealous of you guys who can do this stuff.
keep sharing I really enjoy seeing your projects

advertisement

Back