advertisement

Show me your hifi cabinet, not stands, cabinets.

This was our living room set-up:

170965300.deJlc4Fo.lz01.jpg

It's slightly different now as the Oto has blown up again so the turntable is now on the top and the amp (an Audiolab 8000S) is on the bottom shelf (along with the speed controller for the turntable and the phono stage) and the DAC and CD-transport are now half width Musical Fidelity ones and together on the shelf above the amp.

Are those early Triangle Cometes ?

We use a Victorian linen press. Lots of room and currently holds two turntables (LP12 & 401), Naim Nova and Naim Core, Mac mini & QNAP and HDD, printer and a large shelf left over for old cameras and stuff. Three levels of drawers underneath to take all the hi-fi paraphernalia. The records live in the bottom of a Victorian glass fronted bureau with the medicine cabinet contained in the top (you known medicines, brandy, gin and scotch etc and glasses)
Keeps me happy with most of the things I need readily available and hides ‘most’ of the wires that my wife hates.
Victorian furnitures is a steal for the quality, if, of course, it suits your decor.

That's a nice looking set-up, I can't determine the make of any of your gear but that's because I don't have experience of too many manufacturers, very tidy.

I (think) there's MF, Audiolab & Rega (Project?) ...

It is:

Turntable: Project Debut III with a couple of upgrades (acrylic platter and speedbox), Denon DL110
Phono Stage: Cambridge Audio 651P
CD Transport: Musical Fidelity M1CDT
DAC: Music Fidelity M1DAC
Streamers: Squeezebox Touch & Echo Dot
Amplifier: Audiolab 8000S
Speakers: Triangle Titus XS
Speaker Stands: Atacama Moseco 6

It sounds good and, just importantly, passes the wife test to being allowed into the living room i.e. she thinks it looks good!

My main system sits on a couple of Mana racks and a Mana wall-shelf- no chance that'd be allowed in there!

This is mine for now, Ercol Hi-Fi cabinet recently purchased for £20, solid elm, also got the matching TV cabinet for £10.90 :)

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Not much going on inside for now, I'm hoping to improve n that fairly soon. This house is just too small for a decent hi-fi really, that's top of my list for an upgrade when funds become available ...

advertisement

Back