advertisement

Show me your hifi cabinet, not stands, cabinets.

So I repurposed a cabinet I was using in the dining room and hey presto I have my hifi in a cabinet now!

OyNGr0Q.jpg

Don’t like the colour much, but I think I’ll paint it..

8Ni1YjM.jpg

7aPRk2i.jpg

For the 2nd link I'd remove the existing feet and replace with something like this 4x Solid Square Oak Wooden Furniture Legs Feet For Sofa Stool Cabinet | eBay and try and match the colour with paint.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Rug Doc,

Lovely looking room and cabinet but I would be concerned about ventilation for that amp.

This was our living room set-up:

170965300.deJlc4Fo.lz01.jpg

It's slightly different now as the Oto has blown up again so the turntable is now on the top and the amp (an Audiolab 8000S) is on the bottom shelf (along with the speed controller for the turntable and the phono stage) and the DAC and CD-transport are now half width Musical Fidelity ones and together on the shelf above the amp.

I have removed the back of the cabinet and there’s about 4 inches all round it. So far so good.. I’m keeping my eye on it. :D
I have a valve based phono stage and DAC in my unit, along with various other bits and bobs that throw off a fair bit of heat. Leaving the doors ajar and not having a back on the unit by design is sufficient to keep things running at sensible temperatures.

This is mine for now, Ercol Hi-Fi cabinet recently purchased for £20, solid elm, also got the matching TV cabinet for £10.90 :)

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Not much going on inside for now, I'm hoping to improve n that fairly soon. This house is just too small for a decent hi-fi really, that's top of my list for an upgrade when funds become available ...
I have a small room & IME you can have a decent hi-fi in such, absolutely. Your setup looks more than adequate. I don’t even have room for stands so my tiny speakers live on the sideboard. With careful speaker support & positioning I’ve made an enjoyable near field listening setup that’s pleasant enough even when I’m elsewhere in the room.

It's the arrangement of the room rather than the size really, there are only certain places I can put the furniture leaving even less places I can put the Hi-fi, I would love to have speakers firing down the length of the room rather than across it but it just isn't possible sadly. One day ....... :)

I'm enjoying this thread - some lovely cabinets and shelf units, and interesting and imaginative ideas.

I'm on the lookout for something to replace my existing glass and steel double-width, double-decker open stands, ideally some sort of wooden cabinet combined with open shelving. My concern is that apart from the TT, all my kit has valves in it and isn't really designed to be hidden away. I could probably get away with putting the TT power supply and phono stage in a cupboard, but the amp and CD player would need to be on widely spaced open shelves, with the TT on top. Anyway, plenty of pointers and ideas here!

This was our living room set-up:

170965300.deJlc4Fo.lz01.jpg

It's slightly different now as the Oto has blown up again so the turntable is now on the top and the amp (an Audiolab 8000S) is on the bottom shelf (along with the speed controller for the turntable and the phono stage) and the DAC and CD-transport are now half width Musical Fidelity ones and together on the shelf above the amp.

A jumping stuffed dog ... amazing.

This is an interesting thread, I probably will need a new rack cabinet for my Naim setup. I need to accommodate three:250s, two SNAPS, a NAXO and a 32. Not finalised the digital side of things, I currently use a RPi with a DAC hat but will probably upgrade the DAC and perhaps the CD as the Linn Karik is doesn't read some discs. I might want the TV on top but a lot still to be decided especially what to do with the LP12.

I expect a custom made solution will be what I end up with so need to totally sure of my requirements.

advertisement

Back