advertisement

Sh*t-Hot YouTube Demon Guitar Players

As rock gods go they are pretty crap. Everyone knows that when playing your best cock rock show off pieces you should put your foot on the edge of the bed and pretend it's the stage monitor.

jerryc lost me when he gestured at the camera (about 5 seconds in, before he played a note). I'm sure he's better than Yngwie Malmsteen, though.

funtwo lost me as soon as he illustrated he doesn't understand what a guitar is for (a few seconds past where jerryc lost me).

Give me Buddy Guy playing a single note (the right note, played the right way) any day.

Kit,

I bow to your superior knowledge of music I know nothing about.

Joe

P.S. Is this piece a modern-day Spinal Tap or is it a work of non-ferrous irony?

Vuk,

Do NOT click on the link! I'm concerned that your gargoyle expression may become permanent.

Joe

These two geeetaar heroes need to stop masturbating and start to FREAKOUT!

Vinnie replaced Ace Frehley in Kiss and is very far up his own cocaine-fuelled bum, and not ironic at all. This is serious masturbating indeed.

Well, I'm convinced. Anything less than 4 necks is just not on!

m_angelo_batio_quad_two.jpg

That 4 neck guitar is probably used to tempt schoolkids into spending the night at Chez Glitter.

Thats a funny Youtube one. I think his guitar playing is really clever and fast. You can just hear his mum banging a broom on the ceiling downstairs. 'Gary, teas up!'

Continuing the Spinal Tap theme, Nitro appears to have a fan page of sorts.

Some snippets:
"O.F.R. (Out F**king Rageous) is the incendiary Rampage debut of NITRO, featuring the fastest guitars, the highest screams, and the loudest drums ever recorded."

"We take it to the f**king extreme," says Gillette. "Yeah and it's not contrived," explains Angelo, "it's just the way we are."

"During Nitro concerts, Gillette shatters glass (imported crystal wine goblets) with a powerful, perfectly pitched scream. He has a six octave range, sings with 10 different voices on O.F.R., holds a 32 second scream, and sings a soprano high D which is devastating on equipment."

"After you hear O.F.R., fast doesn't seem fast and high doesn't seem high."

I think I have a new favorite hair metal band.

advertisement

Back