advertisement

Scottish Politics II

I believe it’s because people are worried it will turn into a mini brexit shit show. If the EU came out and stated we’d be taken back into the EU in some form or other that allowed free trade to return you’d see a different picture, as it stands there are too many uncertainties. Whether being forced to go to the Euro would scupper that who knows, by the time we split it might be the $cotCoin crypto we go with.
It will, but of course, that’s alright according to the nationalists/hypocrites.

a)You missed the bit where Scotland is a place where perhaps just over half of the electorate want independence but not while they need help and money from the horrible English to help save their lives from covid.

b) Talking about drivel. Hard remainers are still wittering on about brexit

Two content-free over-aggressive posturing posts trying to elicit a response.
What’s up Brian? Feeling a little ignored. There’s a reason for that.

Two content-free over-aggressive posturing posts trying to elicit a response.
What’s up Brian? Feeling a little ignored. There’s a reason for that.
Aggressive, posturing posts? Lots of snow around your way, Colin?

Anyway, why do you think I care whether I’m being ‘cancelled’ (by cowards) on an internet forum? Not only don’t I expect serious replies from many of you, I don’t really want to know the opinion of rabid nationalists.

a) Any reply with honesty will highlight hypocrisy.
b) The penny is dropping that there isn’t going to be a referendum.
c) :)

I look forward to much whinging from you and the other internet warriors.

What’s amusing is to hear Murdo Fraser and the other Tories in Scotland chirruping “no mandate” in unison, yet-

7ZBFAh4.jpg

Labour’s fall has been even more precipitous.

Last edited:
Fair enough point with the text on the poster but why does it then show a Linesman and not a footballer and why is he in such a supine position?

In respect of Brexit, there’s a democratic deficit. Scotland voted to remain and has elected a government in Edinburgh to address the problem.

I guess it'll be a bit like jumping out of the democratic deficit straight into the democratic deficit.

There will be an issue of size, of course. Scotland currently has her own government and not inconsiderable autonomy, as well as 59 MPs (out of a total of 650) to represent her constituencies in Westminster, which in comparison with England constitutes something of a striking democratic surplus.

Should she part company with the UK and rejoin the EU she will replace that enviable state of democratic representation with perhaps 6 MEPs out of a total of 700 odd, who will sit only in the EU's legislative body signing off Commission directives, and of course, having lunch, whilst her government will be relegated to the status of a District Council, organising the bus timetables and the rubbish collections.

I guess it'll be a bit like jumping out of the democratic deficit straight into the democratic deficit.

There will be an issue of size, of course. Scotland currently has her own government and not inconsiderable autonomy, as well as 59 MPs (out of a total of 650) to represent her constituencies in Westminster, which in comparison with England constitutes something of a striking democratic surplus.

Should she part company with the UK and rejoin the EU she will replace that enviable state of democratic representation with perhaps 6 MEPs out of a total of 700 odd, who will sit only in the EU's legislative body signing off Commission directives, and of course, having lunch, whilst her government will be relegated to the status of a District Council, organising the bus timetables and the rubbish collections.

I’ve noticed you like to do these naive ‘buy two get one free’ pitches. Who’s ‘she’ btw?

Brilliant idea EV, let's make this thread about the lack of democracy in the EU.

Ah yes,

uXyUwi3.jpg

Something tells also me that Scots are more comfortable with proximity to European politics than having Lord Lebedev of the Lubyanka making their laws.

nHPWvJn.jpg

Last edited:
You missed the bit where Scotland is a place where perhaps just over half of the electorate want independence but not while they need help and money from the horrible English to help save their lives from covid.

Jeez! Is this guy for real!?

Brian. Like all Scotland's residents, I live in the UK. I am a UK citizen. I pay my income tax to the UK treasury. I have paid my National Insurance contributions to the UK Government for several decades.

The UK is a union of nations (clue in the name mate). Scotland is one of those nations. I have paid for the Covid vaccines just like all Scots, English, Welsh and Northern Ireland's taxpayers. The UK vaccination programme is us spending money on us.

To view only England ( your "horrible English" comment) as de facto the UK says much about your ignorance of the constitutional reality in our country and your tendancy to "other" people who disagree with you. No one I know talks about "horrible English", that's all happening inside your own head.

( As an aside; what would the economic figures for just England, minus London and The City look like? )

I’ve noticed you like to do these naive ‘buy two get one free’ pitches. Who’s ‘she’ btw?

Ah yes,

uXyUwi3.jpg

Something tells also me that Scots are more comfortable with proximity to European politics than having Lord Lebedev of the Lubyanka making their laws.

nHPWvJn.jpg
The Lords doesn't make laws. Primary legislation starts in the Commons - the Lords task is to scrutinise it and send it back for refinement if required.

The Lords doesn't make laws. Primary legislation starts in the Commons - the Lords task is to scrutinise it and send it back for refinement if required.

Yes, and what a farce that is. Some twerp who's funded a party gets to review and influence legislation that affects me? Eff off! (not you, the broke ass, corrupt system)

Jeez! Is this guy for real!?

Brian. Like all Scotland's residents, I live in the UK. I am a UK citizen. I pay my income tax to the UK treasury. I have paid my National Insurance contributions to the UK Government for several decades.

The UK is a union of nations (clue in the name mate). Scotland is one of those nations. I have paid for the Covid vaccines just like all Scots, English, Welsh and Northern Ireland's taxpayers. The UK vaccination programme is us spending money on us.

To view only England ( your "horrible English" comment) as de facto the UK says much about your ignorance of the constitutional reality in our country and your tendancy to "other" people who disagree with you. No one I know talks about "horrible English", that's all happening inside your own head.

( As an aside; what would the economic figures for just England, minus London and The City look like? )

I can’t say it’s a surprise that you totally miss the meaning. Still, you got a few more likes.

advertisement

Back