advertisement

Scam warning

Please be aware that there is a scam thats rife on fb marketplace where the “buyer” offers to pay via bank transfer if you can post it, they ask for your bank details and repeatedly check as well as ask for pictures of the packing & addressed package. they say “i’ll make the transfer when you’re at the post office, let me know when you’re there.
They then ask you to check your bank & your email for confirmation from TransferWise (your bank is the only confirmation you can trust! TransferWise do not hold and release funds on proof of postage) and the email says “funds will be released upon proof of postage”.

the scam is basically getting you to post them high value goods to one of their compromised addresses, the police believe this to be a national organised crime group as properties have been identified in London, Sheffield & Birmingham.

Never post anything without being in receipt of cleared funds, once you hand it over at the post office there is no way you can get it back!

Just to add another scammer, goes by the name of ‘Jose Blasco Anton’,allegedly from Spain.Contact no.34666339802

For the time being (since yesterday) consider the @eddie pugh account to have been hacked. Looks like a standard reused password from a leaked list elsewhere. I’ve locked the account until the original owner manages to make contact with me.

Have nothing to do with the adverts placed yesterday. They are obviously scams from a Moroccan IP address.

Just a potential one to watch. A new member recently offered to buy the chord TToby I’m currently selling. Upon checking the email they sent privately it registered as being in China and not Belgium where they claimed to be from.

Yes, please report suspicious PMs, there is the facility. I can’t do anything about stuff I don’t know about!

advertisement

Back