advertisement

SCALFORD SHOW... 2015

One of these please!

4090283330_0fa931e6f6.jpg

I saw something almost identical a few weeks ago. I'm 6' 2" & I couldn't see the record on the deck.....

Dunno what effect it has on the sound, but whilst there was loads of bass, I couldn't hear separate notes.

I don't get it?

Hi,

Hi,

I would also like to thank all the people that attended the show. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

I would would like to thank all those who came in my room. I hope there was something of interest.

I would like to give a big thanks to all those that enjoyed the music in my room. I am glad to get you toe tapping.

I would like to give a big thanks to all that gave me some music to play. There wasn't a duff track, all enjoyable.

I would like to give an even bigger thanks to all those that came back for seconds, thirds or more. I felt humbled.

A big thanks to all the people who had a room to show off their kit. The effort was worth it.

Also a big thanks to the hotel staff for doing a grand job dealing with the show. They were great at sorting out the bedrooms on Sunday. Jolly well done!

SCIDB

I had a lot of fun exhibiting at the show. I didn't have too much trouble with the speakers, as there were plenty of offers of help.

I didn't get out of my room much, but Orangeart's speakers sounded absolutely superb.

Hi,
Here are a few photos from mainly Saturday night.

Rick's (Bandit Pilot) system

Edd9000's system

PMac's system

ChelseaDave's System

JVC's system

Lodgesound's Reel to Reel system

Dean

Hi,

Hi,

I would also like to thank all the people that attended the show. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

I would would like to thank all those who came in my room. I hope there was something of interest.

I would like to give a big thanks to all those that enjoyed the music in my room. I am glad to get you toe tapping.

I would like to give a big thanks to all that gave me some music to play. There wasn't a duff track, all enjoyable.

I would like to give an even bigger thanks to all those that came back for seconds, thirds or more. I felt humbled.

A big thanks to all the people who had a room to show off their kit. The effort was worth it.

Also a big thanks to the hotel staff for doing a grand job dealing with the show. They were great at sorting out the bedrooms on Sunday. Jolly well done!

SCIDB
I thought your system was one of the best, I got home and bought the Albert Collins album on vinyl after hearing you play it.

I thought it was a good day. Some money made for charity on the raffle (glad I didn't miss a winning ticket by not being at the draw!). Some great exhibitors, showing off their systems. Hotel staff were very good, even if they probably think we are all nerdy! Many thanks to all those who made the effort to exhibit - hopefully I can do the same one year.

I thought it was a good day. Some money made for charity on the raffle (glad I didn't miss a winning ticket by not being at the draw!). Some great exhibitors, showing off their systems. Hotel staff were very good, even if they probably think we are all nerdy! Many thanks to all those who made the effort to exhibit - hopefully I can do the same one year.

The raffle raised £1355 for UNICEF and a further £500 was also raised for the Acorns Children's Hospice. There were fundraising activities for Sue Ryder and Cancer Research but don't know what they raised. The overall total will probably be in excess of £2000.

k

So disappointed I could not make this year. It looks like this year was an amazing show. Congrats to everyone who put an enormous amount of effort into organising and attending.

Hi,

And there's more.

russ abbott - royds brother's System

Crimsondonkey's room

Another turntable in Pmac's room. The very first SME 30.

My system

Dean

2nd time attending for me. If anything I felt there was more variety which made it all the more enjoyable.

The home made speakers all really impressed me. The finish on the LS3/5a clones was excellent, and for me Orangeart's speakers worked so well in the room.

I completely understand Dan's comments. I think it was a difficult room, but I'm still glad I got to hear things like Opals for the first time.

It's been said many times before but big big thanks and kudos to all the exhibitors. I struggle carting my hifi into a different room, never mind half way across the country.

I thought the Opals sounded better than the exhibitors thought. Its possible to hear the effect of the room and then kind of filter it out in your mind to hear what else they're doing. And the ATC clones were probably least suited to the room as they can produce so much energy, but they were still good to listen to.

Oh, and CD's nowhere near as sarcastic in the real World :) Good to meet both him and Dan at the weekend.

advertisement

Back