advertisement

Rwanda

Good article in Byline Times. It serves as a useful summary as to just how spiteful, utterly deranged and detached from any reality the Conservative Party has become. They are batshit crazy. Nothing here makes any sense on any logical, moral or financial metric. Everyone needs to remember this point for the rest of their lives. Left to their own devices without any checks and balances this is where the Tory Party inevitably end up. This is exactly who and what they are.

You'd be surprised. I just got banned from an airgun forum for sticking up for immigrants. Lots of people suggesting we blow them out of the water or let them drown etc.

In a similar vein, I got banned from a predominately US based Harley Davidson forum for daring to suggest that I was happy not to have free access to automatic rifles for personal protection in Ireland - "Just another one of those parasitic Sheeples who depend on others (and the Law) to protect your home and family" :)

edit: interestingly enough - the main protagonist escalating the row was a chap who had served in the Us Military for 20+ odd years, Made a point of "Thanking everybody else for their Service" / clearly defined himself as somebody who dedicated his life to service (in an admin desk job or motor-pool I strongly suspect) - yet stressed the primary reason you needed a gun was "Citizens needed to be able to defend themselves against the Military". I sh1tteth you not.

Still there are those who believe him to be a good PM. There's even one PFMer!
From my perspective, there have been 3 PMs in my lifetime who have contributed mightily to the buggering up of this country, leaving the nation in a far worse state than they found it. They are Thatcher, Cameron, and Johnson. All Tories.

From my perspective, there have been 3 PMs in my lifetime who have contributed mightily to the buggering up of this country, leaving the nation in a far worse state than they found it. They are Thatcher, Cameron, and Johnson. All Tories.

You forgot Truss.

In a similar vein, I got banned from a predominately US based Harley Davidson forum for daring to suggest that I was happy not to have free access to automatic rifles for personal protection in Ireland - "Just another one of those parasitic Sheeples who depend on others (and the Law) to protect your home and family" :)

edit: interestingly enough - the main protagonist escalating the row was a chap who had served in the Us Military for 20+ odd years, Made a point of "Thanking everybody else for their Service" / clearly defined himself as somebody who dedicated his life to service (in an admin desk job or motor-pool I strongly suspect) - yet stressed the primary reason you needed a gun was "Citizens needed to be able to defend themselves against the Military". I sh1tteth you not.

Yes, and gun support in the USA will be 'bolstered up' by the media. The media telling people why they have to have a gun. Just the same as immigrants here in the UK. They only have to tell a few how to think, and it gets passed on to their friends. You know it's been passed on because the exact same things are being repeated, and yet they always start the conversation with "Do you know what I think".

I had someone here on Sunday telling me how there was going to be civil war, most likely black against white, and then us against the army/police. He said "guys of fighting age are coming over here in boats to take over the country" - Being the grandfather of the girl we are fostering, I couldn't argue, so just went "Oh, really. That sounds bad etc"

My father was telling me to get out the country before it was full of foreigners, and he's been dead 20 years. I've also heard this said by other family friends (they are going to take over the UK).

People haven't just come to this conclusion, they are being told it.

Yes, and gun support in the USA will be 'bolstered up' by the media. The media telling people why they have to have a gun. Just the same as immigrants here in the UK. They only have to tell a few how to think, and it gets passed on to their friends. You know it's been passed on because the exact same things are being repeated, and yet they always start the conversation with "Do you know what I think".

I had someone here on Sunday telling me how there was going to be civil war, most likely black against white, and then us against the army/police. He said "guys of fighting age are coming over here in boats to take over the country" - Being the grandfather of the girl we are fostering, I couldn't argue, so just went "Oh, really. That sounds bad etc"

My father was telling me to get out the country before it was full of foreigners, and he's been dead 20 years. I've also heard this said by other family friends (they are going to take over the UK).

People haven't just come to this conclusion, they are being told it.
Yeah, we have similar 'Immigrant issues' here in Ireland. We are short of housing true (due to a long-running Govt market forces / laissez-faire policy of not actually bothering to build any) - but there is virtually full employment and compared to large parts of Europe, the country is largely empty. We absolutely need migrant labourers / technical people / health professionals to keep the place running - but the tabloids constantly flag the dangers of 'large numbers of unvetted immigrant males being given free reign of the country'.

Like the UK - a proper distraction to keep the focus anywhere but on the very real issues of wealth generation and sharing, and growing inequality I suspect. Get the people who are losing out most to bay angrily for more of the same. Clever.

it is an act of desperation thats all. Labour has no answer. I was reading in the Telegraph that Sunaq wouldnt agree to a pact with France to take them back as the EU would require a quota of those in the EU to come here ie back tto square one. Though I would be tempted to "agree", kill off the trade them renege on the agreement. The EU deservers no better

53676638042_feacfd0617_w.jpg

It almost seems pointless to comment on this utterly vile, morally corrupt legislation. How can we be legislating to make something factually untrue ("Rwanda is safe") into something that "is"?

I'd love to know just how many actual UK voters are supportive of this law? In a country of 48 million voters, how many people wanted this? Close to half a billion pounds spent so far on Suella Braverman's drive-by fart.

I'd love to know just how many actual UK voters are supportive of this law? In a country of 48 million voters, how many people wanted this? Close to half a billion pounds spent so far on Suella Braverman's drive-by fart.

The survey, which was conducted 19-22 April 2024 by Focaldata with a nationally representative sample of 1,055 GB adults aged 18+, also found:

• Less than half the public (46%) thinks the government’s main motivation for the Rwanda scheme is that they think it can actually deter people from arriving on small boats, while a similar number (40%) think it’s mainly about the election and politics.
  • More people (46%) think Labour should scrap the Rwanda scheme if it comes to power, than keep it (40%). Most Labour supporters (59%) think a Labour government should scrap the Rwanda policy, as do a third of Conservatives (34%).

My assumption is that most who are against immigration are because they feel that those “nasty foreigners” Will cost taxpayers money.

How on earth is the cost of this hairbrained idea possibly going to cost taxpayers less?

advertisement

Back