advertisement

Rwanda

To some extent I suppose, yes. But I'm not sure I'd go as far as to suggest many good men should join their local Conservative Party Association so as to be able to have a say in candidate selection.

Isn't that what happened with Labour? Not necessarily "good", but new.
Not sure TBH. I'm unclear about whether and how 'mere' party members get to vote on local candidate selection. I'm pretty certain these are not national ballots, so I presume you'd have to be an active participant at a local level to vote on your local candidate choice.

I believe it to be a hair treatment favoured by certain gentlemen in black leather biker jackets, m’lud
As depicted in a popular musical entertainment movie of a few decades ago, perhaps? Though I believe there was a car not a motor bicycle, and its name was correctly spelled.

I don't want to get involved in a long winded political discussion because with the amount of time I got left I would rather be well away from a PC. So I am soon about to pop out for lunch but to quickly answer your question, I admired Cameron more than any other PM, Churchill excluded of course.

I also admired Thatcher and Blair.
Cameron, Thatcher and Blair were markers on the downward slope to where we are now.

Cameron was a corrupt elitist slimeball. As PM he cowardly ran away the instant the mess he’d created caught up with him and has attempted to keep his hand firmly in the national till ever since. That you have respect for such an obvious grifter speaks volumes.
My wife was sat on the next table to him recently. She wanted to punch his smug face.

Cameron was a corrupt elitist slimeball. As PM he cowardly ran away the instant the mess he’d created caught up with him and has attempted to keep his hand firmly in the national till ever since. That you have respect for such an obvious grifter speaks volumes.
I blame the ‘there is no money’ note left by that Labour dumbass.

We‘ve been living with various regurgitations of that indigestible nonsense ever since

Maggie has been accused of many things, but I'm not aware that corruption was one. She was certainly no fool, either. Strange accusation or puerile outburst?

Duckham's for performance vehicles maybe?

I cannot understand how so many boats (and today's had over 100 occupants) can be launched, let alone how the numbers of awaiting people plus the smuggling organisers can continue undetected for so long on a relatively short stretch of coast.

We've been paying the French to beef up their surveillance over years in many ways. With drones now capable of pin-pointing enemy positions on the battlefield, how come they are not able to detect gatherings and departures, let alone boat storage areas. So much money spent on this and weird overseas vetting encampments (i.e. Ruanda), surely most of these boat departures could've been severely curtailed or virtually eliminated.

How many are asylum seekers/refugees and how many simply economic migrants? I believe the Albanian example of the latter was successfully dealt with.

And why aren't our intelligence services finding out where these boats that all look the same are being made, by who and who's buying them....
Nothing makes sense to me any more.
Wouldn't surprise me if the tories have shares in the manufacturers lol

The PM who, having won a majority for his party for the first time in a generation, was so incompetent, complacent and lacking in judgement that he managed to spike himself after a year. Even Johnson took longer to screw himself than that.

The Tory scum really are that desperate for a single thing to be able to wave come election time, that they can boast about having seen through. The fact it is so obviously about that and nothing else is grounds alone for it being laughed out of every house/court - or whatever - across the land.

I hope it all goes tits up, clearly any airline with a braincell and an interest in their profits will avoid it like the plague, unless there's a Tory donor owned one that they're going to bung a shit load of money to for doing it. Even then I can't see how they could force staff to be part of it.

The Tory scum really are that desperate for a single thing to be able to wave come election time, that they can boast about having seen through. The fact it is so obviously about that and nothing else is grounds alone for it being laughed out of every house/court - or whatever - across the land.

I hope it all goes tits up, clearly any airline with a braincell and an interest in their profits will avoid it like the plague, unless there's a Tory donor owned one that they're going to bung a shit load of money to for doing it. Even then I can't see how they could force staff to be part of it.
I don't think it will happen. The Lords will bin it every time. I don't agree with the principle of an unelected upper house, but they have their uses. I think that the whole thing is just a gesture. Win votes from the usual dog whistle suspects, and make the UK even less attractive.

advertisement

Back