advertisement

Ruark Accolades

Ok got to hear the Accolades today. Very like the Excaliburs just in a smaller scale. 40KG! Double skinned cabinet. Sound is very much like what JezmondTutu outlined. The room is smaller than yours Eoin by a good margin. Maybe 2.5m x 3.5-4 metres. They worked perfectly well close to the back walls. Certainly I could see no reason they wouldn't work in your rooms.

Personally I was highly impressed. The drivers are in perfect condition. Big soundstage, plenty of heft and nicely detailed. I would think they would be very expensive if made today. The bass driver on the top seems to work really well. The bass was tight but also very deep when the volume is dialed up. They sound like a hifi bargain to me. I would happily live with them. No harshness/brightness here just a really well engineered speaker that sounds really well and controlled at loud levels but also very good at low background levels.

The only issue you have from what my friend explained is the drivers are not available. Try and get a listen in the owners system and do a good visual inspection of the drivers. Friend got the bass surround 'serviced' or reconditioned when he got them.

I would highly recommend them, really easy to live with. Listened to a variety of tracks from soul, blues, new wave, trip hop, female vocal etc. All sounds really good. From memory they were light years ahead of the Spendor A6's I previously owned. They don't beat a quad of 63's but I am a bit biased in that regard ;)

advertisement

Back