advertisement

RSD 2024

There was definitely a few more things on my radar, but judging by the stock levels in Resident, nothing that can't wait til next week when I'm sitting at home without FOMO picking at my brain.
I hoped this would be the case... their website appears to have pretty every release on it. I will find the couple I'm after somewhere

If anyone is wondering why their shop has run out of stock it seems to be because Mike at The In Groove bought it all! Livestream here on YouTube. Looks like a nice chilled-out atmosphere in there and folk getting what they want.
Would like to visit that the record shop, he always has stock that I am looking for

Cycled past Dash the Henge in Camberwell, real party atmosphere, music outside and people having fun on the pavement. I had a couple of tickets on Dice for Rough Trade East but I was told that they'd decided that everyone had to queue, ticket or not! The queue was huge as people wanted to see some bloke who went to school in West Kirby ( Miles Kane ) I gave up. Don't think I've ever seen RSD so busy. I hadn't wanted to buy anything in particular so not bothered!

He must have taken in over 5 grand in the period I was watching

Mike has built an incredible business there. The collections he is able to buy are just astonishing. Hard to think of any record dealers above him really. He’s also assembled one of the best record collections on the planet.

Mike has built an incredible business there. The collections he is able to buy are just astonishing. Hard to think of any record dealers above him really. He’s also assembled one of the best record collections on the planet.
I enjoy his videos, he has a high collection has you say, I have purchased from him before and may do so again.

Went down to Resident in Brighton at 7:20am, I was 213th in the queue! The first and last time I will bother to do it.

The scumbag side of RSD, £28.99 album: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33535815...pid=5338728743&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

IMG_2259.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Judging by their instagram RT in Nottingham queue was ridiculous, there was nothing I wanted that bad. I was absolutely knackered after the work week I've had so there was zero chance of me being up at the crack of dawn on a cold Saturday morning to stand hours in a queue.

Judging by their instagram RT in Nottingham queue was ridiculous, there was nothing I wanted that bad. I was absolutely knackered after the work week I've had so there was zero chance of me being up at the crack of dawn on a cold Saturday morning to stand hours in a queue.
After my experience there, good call.

A handful of copies already showing as sold at that price too. All part and parcel I guess but a shame when it means fans miss out.

Funnily enough I can't see any of the jazz titles in the Ebay sold listings so I guess there isn't the same demand. I thought the Craft Bill Evans would do well but RT have copies for sale online (they did press 7,500 after all).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looking at ‘RSD 2024’ on eBay and the Propaganda Mabuse album looks to be getting some proper bids. How many of those were there? One I’d have rather liked, but I’ve got both the original 12” mixes, the Secret Wish album on both vinyl and CD (very different mixes), and nothing is going to beat the original vinyl sound quality-wise, so hardly needed. Hopefully it will end up on Qobuz as I’d rather like to know what the new mixes are like...

Looking at ‘RSD 2024’ on eBay and the Propaganda Mabuse album looks to be getting some proper bids. How many of those were there? One I’d have rather liked, but I’ve got both the original 12” mixes, the Secret Wish album on both vinyl and CD (very different mixes), and nothing is going to beat the original vinyl sound quality-wise, so hardly needed. Hopefully it will end up on Qobuz as I’d rather like to know what the new mixes are like...
That's one of the records I wanted but I can't find out how many have been pressed. I'm hoping to find it online somewhere when the RSD releases go online on Monday evening, but I'm not hopeful.

I gave it a miss. My local shop always sells out of the interesting stuff by the time I arrive. All the queuing and stress goes against what music is all about to me.

The pricing is insane, e.g. why is the Talking Heads double live album £44? It isn’t even a gatefold sleeve, and I bet they’ve pressed thousands of it. So much of this stuff is just overpriced, it isn’t limited in any real sense. FWIW I’d have happily given £20 for it. The only other thing that caught my eye is what looks like a very nice audiophile cut of Everybody Digs Bill Evans, but if I want that I’ll wait for the now inevitable release of the stereo version.
The RSD pressing of The Roches’ first album is around £41 for a single disc issue, which is quite flimsy too (I got a sneak peek at it at my local record shop on Friday). The original can be had in good nick for around a tenner. I’m not sure the pricing is particularly an attempt to minimise ebay flipping as RSD releases usually get listed on ebay at multiples of the original price Anyway.

I'm sure it only used to be the rare/interesting stuff that was flippable on ebay, I've just had a look and it seems like all sorts of guff is now marked up. Have people actually gone insane?

advertisement

Back