advertisement

Roon upsampling?

Philip Read

pfm Member
For some reason it appears Roon is upsampling from 44.1 to 384Khz and it tells me it is doing this because of my settings in Muse but from the attatched screenshot it is all turned off so any ideas why it is doing this please?

Confused of Worthing!! 🤔 o_O

My CXN-V2 does that in roon as well, it’s all audio-phoo bullshit.
Yeah agreed! I prefer to just use it as a streamer into my Aune DAC as a rule but ocaisionally swap back. Oddly even using it as a streamer only Roon still reports it as upsampling, the DAC reports otherwise :cool:

My CXN-V2 does that in roon as well, it’s all audio-phoo bullshit.
All that generation of CA streamers upsample all signals to 384khz. Not sure if it does anything beneficial, but it doesn’t seem to hurt, so it is what it is.

All that generation of CA streamers upsample all signals to 384khz. Not sure if it does anything beneficial, but it doesn’t seem to hurt, so it is what it is.

ASRC will potentially reduce jitter and feeding D/A chips with the optimal, often its max, input sample rate will generally produce the best measured performance.

Apart from that it’s all armchair opinion and personal preference.

ASRC will potentially reduce jitter and feeding D/A chips with the optimal, often its max, input sample rate will generally produce the best measured performance.

Apart from that it’s all armchair opinion and personal preference.

Well the 851N has been my favourite streamer / dac out of a list that includes the auralic vega g1, chord TT2 and ps audio DirectStream.

Short of crazy money, I don’t know why anyone would need any more from such a device.

While I don't really have anything to compare it with I am very happy with my 851n. I don't feel any need to look for anything else.

When you have the sampling rate that high you can roll off slower for the reconstruction filter. This is why it's done.

When you have the sampling rate that high you can roll off slower for the reconstruction filter. This is why it's done.
Yeah but they don’t do that anyway. At least not by the standards of many, the three filters are all fairly short.

Higher operating rate allows in many cases digital stuff like noise shaping, and ultimately it means gentler analogue filters.

If you have an input at say 44kHz, and you want to suppress ultrasonic images in the output, then you still need a steep filter with a stop band from 22kHz. It's just these days such steep filter is in the digital domain.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back