advertisement

Roger Waters' DSOTM redux

For those interested Amazon actually have a vinyl colour exclusive for this one: Roger Waters Redux.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reactions: BJP
Why - Money
118918-e2823cb0b903c8a2f2b7a43e16599bfc.png

I’ve just sat and watched the ‘money’ vid on you tube by Roger Waters, imho I thought it was bad, really bad, why **** up a decent tune. I think it confirms he is just topping up his pension pot as the sheep will just buy it as it was Floyd, but it’s not money as we know it. Well that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it!

He left PF and now all he does is try and bring the past back
I think it is awful , No way would I have this even if it was given to me :eek:

Last edited:
"Welcome to Hell" is a bit much.

Replacing the guitar solo with an un-subtle spoken diatribe doesn't really add anything to the "message". It's not like we didn't already know what it was about.

I'm not a Roger Waters hater, I respect that he isn't afraid to speak his mind, about Palestine for example, and I admire much of and adore some of PF's music from the time he was still a large and increasingly influential part of it.

Yet this sounds dismal to me and makes me all the more appreciate how important Wright, Gilmour and Mason were to the original.

It feels like Roger has never been able to accept that his application to prevent the Pink Floyd name being used after he left failed and he become a bad loser (though not at Yahoo Chess). And unfortuantely most of what Pink Floyd recorded without him just sounds hollow and tedious.

If only they'd been able to bury the hatchets after the Live Aid performance.

Last edited:
I actually really rate his previous 'solo' work , some of my favourite albums , The Final Cut, Pros and Cons and Amused to Death along with the Pink Floyd albums of the 70's, some great writing and great playing but I feel Waters bitterness has replaced the genius of his writing , it's all just a bit sad, he's become one of the 'Pigs' (three different ones).

advertisement

Back