advertisement

Roadkill

Please watch it to the finish, its conclusion is not what I was expecting - very well done in the end.

Last edited:
Some online comments from the first episode:

Nadine Dorries MP wrote: “Oh God, the errors in #Roadkill are spoiling it for me! A minister walking off into the distance, alone, carrying a red box, piled up with work - never.”

Owen Sparkes said: “#Roadkill is fun, but dear lord, THE LEGAL MISTAKES are killing me. A criminal barrister? As counsel on a defamation case? Which had a JURY? For which the claimant was in ‘the dock’?!

Why, for example, would Charmian Pepper be utterly flabbergasted that her editor would fire her after she changed her story in court and lost her newspaper £1.5 million? And as she is so stupidly surprised, are we still to believe that she is a talented investigative reporter?

Stuff like that and the poor dialogue (IMO) meant it just didn't sit right with me.

Some online comments from the first episode:

Nadine Dorries MP wrote: “Oh God, the errors in #Roadkill are spoiling it for me! A minister walking off into the distance, alone, carrying a red box, piled up with work - never.”

Owen Sparkes said: “#Roadkill is fun, but dear lord, THE LEGAL MISTAKES are killing me. A criminal barrister? As counsel on a defamation case? Which had a JURY? For which the claimant was in ‘the dock’?!

Why, for example, would Charmian Pepper be utterly flabbergasted that her editor would fire her after she changed her story in court and lost her newspaper £1.5 million? And as she is so stupidly surprised, are we still to believe that she is a talented investigative reporter?

Stuff like that and the poor dialogue (IMO) meant it just didn't sit right with me.
Do you often check the views of Nadine Dorries before committing to a drama.

There were obvious bit of dramatic license, the red box merely one of them but it was still very entertaining.

It wasn’t a documentary.

Do you often check the views of Nadine Dorries before committing to a drama.

There were obvious bit of dramatic license, the red box merely one of them but it was still very entertaining.

It wasn’t a documentary.
I turned it off before consulting Ms Dorries.

I was not entertained.

I was aware that it was not a documentary. I can only suspend so much disbelief however, especially when other elements such as dialogue are very poor.

advertisement

Back