advertisement

Roadkill

MikeMA

pfm Member
I was looking forward to this as I quite like Hugh Laurie and political thrillers, but it didn't thrill me. Anyone else see it?

Have just watched it and thought it had promise. The first episodes of this kind of multi-part thriller does tend to show a lot of seemingly disconnected events/people but so far, fairly comprehensible. The P.M. is based upon Maggie, I guess; she's quite good, whoever she is.

Helen McCrory is the PM, she’s married to the guy in billions (Damien Lewis?).

I thought it was excellent, Hugh Laurie is always very watchable.

Switched it off after half an hour.
Didn't like the script/writing.
I watched this first episode to the end but like you I didn't think much of the script. Disappointing as it had good reviews, a decent cast, and only four episodes which suggested it wouldn't be overly drawn out like so much other stuff.

Disappointing... I thought this thread was going to offer me tips on surviving the brexocalypse.

My brother has been known to collect roadkill pheasant and even the odd deer from the lanes around their Devon abode. His partner is a Vet so she can cut up a deer quite effectively.

We watched it and, making due allowance for the inevitable scene-setting and character-establishing that goes on in the first episode, we thought it had promise. Will certainly continue watching. McCrory and Laurie were excellent, I thought. Not so sure about the supporting parts (ie the Parliamentary wonks) who mostly seemed 2-dimensional.

We don't find this sort of drama suits us on a Sunday, though. It's more of a midweek thing for us, so we'll probably watch it a few days delayed, so no spoilers, please!

I thought it was very poor indeed although the Times review says it improves in later episodes.

I am interested in seeing how the plot line develops and how the different characters link to Hugh Laurie's character.

I tried to like it, generally being appreciative quality of the cast - Hugh Laurie, Patricia Hodge and Helen McCrory - what's not to like? But .. it seems to be weakened by David Hare's predictable writing: perjurer / love rat of a Tory MP with dark secret(s) who will fall from grace. I'm hoping that by some surprising twist he will turn out OK ... but I'm not holding my breath.
Also the somewhat unlikely sexual liaison(s).

Fastidious female Tory PM, self-believing egotist up-and-coming minister with skeletons (and unreported children) in the closet....
I wonder where this one is going to go?

It is really good, I am on episode 3.

Given the shit show we are in at the moment the plot seems rather restrained.

advertisement

Back