advertisement

RIP Nicholas Parsons

Sad news but a good innings and he clearly enjoyed doing JAM until the very end. I hope that they find a suitable replacement, ISIHAC has done very well with Jack Dee's tenure. A different style, but just as entertaining.

I well recall him working as a 'straight man' to Arthur Haynes.. probably 1950s. I think Arthur also had Dermot Kelly in tow. Arthur used to call Parsons 'Nicolarse'
Obviously much more to Parsons than that and he was a very competent presenter and seemingly a decent sort.

RIP

Great guy, and always up for a laugh - brilliant in 'Mr Jolly Lives Next Door' with Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson, and Peter Cook. R.I.P.

Yes he was also a member of the Alvis Owners Club and enjoyed the DIY on his (I think - failing memory etc) TD21.

I quite liked him. RIP

Met him once many years ago. Thought he was going to be an old fuddy-duddy & just a comedian from a previous generation, not up with the new guys.
Boy were we wrong on that!
A lovely bloke to talk to, really sharp & funny. One of those guys I will always remember.
RIP.

A great professional presenter, entertainer and raconteur. Loved his program on the Breguet Marie Antoinette watch.

RIP

As a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s he seemed like a boring old duffer, doing rubbish tv shows. The middle years, like Bowie's 80s I suppose.

After I grew up a bit, his class seeped through. RIP

RIP. My grandma used to love Sale of The Century.

Glad he kept working pretty much to the end.

He really did come across as intelligent, witty and genuinely NICE. He appears to have had total respect and affection from anyone on JAM.

Very sad news. Listened to J A M since the kids were little and used to play it in the car on long journeys.
And the Breguet watch program was great. What breadth.
Understated sharp but gentle wit.
Another irreplaceable.
RIP.

My favourite relevant memory is that I used to live in Harrow and the roundabout near Northwick Park Hospital had some great graffiti on it. "Nicholas Parsons is the Neo Opiate of the People" and it stayed for years

advertisement

Back