advertisement

RIP Nicholas Parsons

A very interesting life, well lived. RIP.
Yes I heard an interview with him a few years ago and was very surprised to hear he'd worked in a shipyard, I think in Sunderland.

Edit: just read through the thread, it was the Clyde.

yes RIP I enjoyed his output and clearly a talented man. Unfortunately the inevitable happens.

He certainly deserves the soubriquet "legend". I have enjoyed JAM over the years, he had wonderful touch as chair. Not long ago Gyles Brandreth was getting a bit "hyper". Nicholas sorted him by asking "Gyles did you forget to take pills". A laugh went round the audience and Gyles calmed down.

I have been affected more by his passing than other celebrities death for some time. Radio is such an intimate experience and you feel so connected to the presenter.

Quite a character and quite a life. One of the good ones and there are increasingly few of them. Sad news but a life well lived.

Bumped into him at a gig at The Astoria, mid eighties, he was cool, pleasant and chatty. Always a pleasure to listen to on the radio.

Legend. 96, still sharp as a tack and working right to the end. Not a bad way to spend your last decades. A life well lived, one to celebrate and remember fondly, not mourn.

Yes very sad, felt the same when Humph went. Those that live longer make the most impact so are always sorely missed. RIP

83498906_10221170520029261_2175765045571485696_n.jpg

Yes very sad, felt the same when Humph went. Those that live longer make the most impact so are always sorely missed. RIP

Indeed. The really tricky thing for R4 is what they're going to do with the programme.

Jack Dee has made a fair go at it since Humpy's passing. Who could possibly replace Parsons?

RIP ...I have a cd of Just a Minute with Nicholas explaining how he manages the contestant's contributions. It revealed a level of erudition I never credited the man with. He will be missed. I think Merton will be especially gutted.

Indeed. The really tricky thing for R4 is what they're going to do with the programme.

Jack Dee has made a fair go at it since Humpy's passing. Who could possibly replace Parsons?

Can’t think of any men with the wisdom required, gonna have to be a lady I think. Maybe Sandy (again).

advertisement

Back