advertisement

Revived Nytech CA252 / CXA252

Gentlemen,

it took quite a while .... and I can tell you about one update ......

The new Touch User Interface ist still under development, but the new Phono Stage is now finished .... at least the prototype :D

This is how it looks like currently .....

WvowdmG.jpg

I can tell you, the sound is quite nice. You can select between a NYTECH and an ION RIAA curve ......

My Kandid likes the sound :)

So far for today .....

There will be some updates soon .... I hope :p

I love this! What a brilliant idea to do a new version of the CA 252 and teh ARC speakers As I said before, there is real passion and talent going on here.

Its a pleasure to see this in development. I would hope to see the touch interface on sale in the product range.

All the best. Im keeping an eye on Nero Audio

I'm loving this thread as well. Back sometime in the 80's my first real HiFi amp was a ca202 superb bit of kit :)
This reimagination is just brill!

Thanks Gentlemen ... :)

I'll keep you updated. In the next days I will order the new PCB'S for the new - old - phono stage.

I hope to sort out the Touch - Logic soon. Quite difficult to get it working .... would be good to have a lot of programmers. Maybe I should call somebody in Cupertino for help ...... :rolleyes:

The PhonoPre is now finished. It's based on the ION Phono SuperCard with a new MC - Input stage proposed by Nytecholdie. Great sound .... it's really singing :D

Tx16xEx.jpg

sQRxSkr.jpg

Gentlemen,

it took a while to continue with the new PreAmp. We had several problems with the selected chips for the volume control for the new CA252. Also the relay-solution for the CP122 seems to be working by accident .... so a complete redesign was necessary.

So, this is now the working prototype of the new NEROLISK PreAmp .....

P9f9FUH.jpg

I'll keep you updated :) Same volume control and Gain-Stage will be used in the CA .....

That's the redesign of the new PreAmp. It will use the old Gain-Stage which was used in the CA252. Very similar to the Obelisk ..... so it's the new NEROLISK ONE.

FoMnCIl.jpg

It has place for a Raspberry Pi to enable Streaming functionality and we will build our own DAC-Board. Again with old Nytech/ION Schematics .......

I'll keep you updated ......

Gentlemen,

it took quite a while .... designing a good PreAmp is more complicated then I thought ..... :roll eyes:

Please see my current status for the "NEROLISK ONE" .....

The Motherboard with 6 voltage regulators ......
NQS0Nbl.jpg

The Gain-Board based on original Nytech schematics ....
6zgy3QS.jpg

And the Shunt-Volume Control developed together with NytechOldie ....
8RPwCuZ.jpg

So final Layout-Optimization will follow and then I will order prototype PCB's. The PreAmp will get it's own DAC-Board and Control Software with Volumio 2.0 to stream contents .....

Best regards from Germany

The PhonoPre is now finished. It's based on the ION Phono SuperCard with a new MC - Input stage proposed by Nytecholdie. Great sound .... it's really singing :D

Tx16xEx.jpg

sQRxSkr.jpg

Wonderful craftmanship...if it sounds half as good as it looks...

It took a while, and we did a lot of work to redesign our PreAmp NEROLISK ONE. But now we are coming closer to a prototype ..... it's already living in virtual reality ....

Have a look inside the box .....

jLINrg9.png

It's slowly progressing ..... could never imagine that building a PreAmp is so difficult .....

j6cfcOW.png

aifyHgx.png

Final routing is not finished so far ....

Best regards

Yes😇 It‘s singing in my NERO Master setup. Design changed a little bit as it was far too complicated. Look for NERO-Audio on facebook and you can get an impression ….

advertisement

Back