advertisement

Revived Nytech CA252 / CXA252

NRWler04

pfm Member
Gentlemen,

I'm thinking about a new project......

A revieved CA252 with active CrossOverAmp for the ARC 050 .....

Based on the old schematics with modern components with a big Toroid of 300VA. User Interface completely realized by a touch interface with 5 classic Buttons on the left and one slider for volume control on the right. Also realized as a touch control .....

UBlf3lV.jpg

UIhzxmb.jpg

Your thoughts are welcome ......

Ingo

use a DSP active cross over see miniDSP. great things.

Integrate a streamer within the box a picoreplayer. magic. All you need is a usb or ethernet port at the rear and a 5 volt power supply for the player board and dac. Amazingly the miniDSP uses .....a 5 volt power supply.

It's Ok if the box looks like a 252, but don't make it out of painted steel.

use a DSP active cross over see miniDSP. great things.

Integrate a streamer within the box a picoreplayer. magic. All you need is a usb or ethernet port at the rear and a 5 volt power supply for the player board and dac.

It's Ok if the box looks like a 252, but don't make it out of painted steel.

Hi Mike,

I want to stay with the original schematics.... NO DSP !!!!:D

I already had the idea with the streamer .....

What do you mean with "painted steel"?

Oh nice yes. anything that looks like a 252 gets a big thumbs up. I think it was a lovely design.

I cant see a problem with a good painted steel finish. Its just the numpties that cause damage because they cant look after their possessions.

Oh nice yes. anything that looks like a 252 gets a big thumbs up. I think it was a lovely design.

I cant see a problem with a good painted steel finish. Its just the numpties that cause damage because they cant look after their possessions.

The problem is, my storage was in the roof space and the damp atmosphere did the damage. Thanks for reminding me that I haven't got a warm dry storage space for all my stuff. I would say in my defence that the paint finish on my 202 is very very poor.

There's painted steel and painted steel, even in a damp room. I have an old Saab made of painted steel, it's spent its life out in the rain but there's no rust. Meanwhile I've seen a few Nytechs and most are rusty. Much as I like the sound from Nytechs I must say the build quality compared to say Quad or Meridian is really, really poor.

The idea is, to do the cover out of powder coated steel and the body out of 2mm Aluminium .... Back Side will be black anodised 1,5mm Aluminium ....

Front User Interface will be 10 mm black Plexi-Glas.

Could also be seen in Bristol:cool:

Yep, there plenty of ways of getting a better coat of paint on steel. Nytech had a bad day with theirs. I've got a Reda DAC and that has aluminium sides and steel top. Looks classy indeed.

Drawings for the housing are finished. Took some while ...:rolleyes:

Parts for the housing are ordered. Transformers will be ordered soon ....:)

Software for the Touch Control User Interface is growing ...:cool:

I'll keep you updated. It's a difficult project. More difficult then a revived Power Amp;)

Regards from Germany

Ingo

The idea is, to do the cover out of powder coated steel and the body out of 2mm Aluminium .... Back Side will be black anodised 1,5mm Aluminium ....

Front User Interface will be 10 mm black Plexi-Glas.

Looking forward to seeing how you put together the touch controls through the front Plexiglas ...

Im really looking forward to this! I love the design of the CA252 and its matching tuner CT 206. I think its a brilliant idea to revive it with a modern touch. I very much look forward to seeing the new 252 and Arc speakers available to buy.

Nytech and Arc are are very important piece of hi fi history. Its great to see that many people recognise that.

I used to lovingly look at the adverts in the eighties. For some reason I was never ready at the time. I'm ready now though :)

Update from 31th of July .....

Toroids are ordered from Canterburry Windings ...

The new sloping Front boxes are also ordered ....

PCB for PreAmp Section is also growing .....

m4fzIeA.png

I'll Keep you updated.

Ingo

Don't like the joining of earth returns before the star point - e.g. beside C26 , C29, C47A.

In fact there are lots of violations of star earthing - not good.

If you are not going to use star earthing, you should just use a ground plane for minimum earth impedance.

Don't like the joining of earth returns before the star point - e.g. beside C26 , C29, C47A.

In fact there are lots of violations of star earthing - not good.

If you are not going to use star earthing, you should just use a ground plane for minimum earth impedance.

Thanks for your comment ... will take it and try to change as good as I can :)

I'm only a mechanical engineer :confused:

Regards from Germany

advertisement

Back