Is nine inches long
It’s hovering over
A world that’s gone wrong
Ask me to Prestatyn
And that’s what I’ll do
And we’ll all die together
And Dylan can’t sue

Last edited:
As a person of Welsh origin who has never come across that I have to say that’s absolutely brilliant and I now need to know where it’s from.

I have friends planning to head for Bali and others looking at Portugal, Any suggestions for places you can retire to with nice climate and cheap cost of living, but still reasonable broadband?

I retired nearly 10 years ago ... to the town where I last worked - the same house even ;)

Have often wondered though how it would be to experience dementia in a different language ....

Were you mingling exclusively with hedge fund managers and venture capitalists :)?

There are 10 odd million people living within the boundaries on NY City and that many again in the greater NY metro area , the vast majority of whom, IME, have pretty normal personalities and are quite helpful to strangers.

I visited NYC for a couple of weeks back in the late 70s when it was going through what is often called 'a difficult time'.

I was warned to be very careful - violence was apparently spiralling out of control, muggings were certain to befall me and I should get used to people being rude to me to my face.
My actual experience was a hoot; being quite young then I spent a lot of time getting drunk and wandering the 'mean streets' at ungodly hours of the morning without a clue how to get back to where I was staying.

The only real problem I had was getting understood by the very helpful people I encountered when I asked the way - seems the Yorkshire accent threw their understanding of spoken English out the window .... o_O

In Malaysia, hiring live in Filipino (English speaking) carers for dementia cases has been an option for some of my relatives, actually much cheaper than a care home would be in the UK

The New Forest is perfect for retirement. House prices cheaper than the city, the scenery is rather loverly, the terrain reasonably flat for those with dodgy knees

52141531887_c15658de63.jpg

and some very nice pubs

52142796759_86cac971c1.jpg

Yesterday was a Folk event at the pub and I had the pleasure of being sat on the same table as a guitar, harmonica and a fiddle player knocking out a few tunes, quite magical.

The New Forest is perfect for retirement. House prices cheaper than the city, the scenery is rather loverly, the terrain reasonably flat for those with dodgy knees

52141531887_c15658de63.jpg

and some very nice pubs

52142796759_86cac971c1.jpg

Yesterday was a Folk event at the pub and I had the pleasure of being sat on the same table as a guitar, harmonica and a fiddle player knocking out a few tunes, quite magical.
The Doggo seems to like it. What were they drinking?

I visited NYC for a couple of weeks back in the late 70s when it was going through what is often called 'a difficult time'.

I was warned to be very careful - violence was apparently spiralling out of control, muggings were certain to befall me and I should get used to people being rude to me to my face.
My actual experience was a hoot; being quite young then I spent a lot of time getting drunk and wandering the 'mean streets' at ungodly hours of the morning without a clue how to get back to where I was staying.

The only real problem I had was getting understood by the very helpful people I encountered when I asked the way - seems the Yorkshire accent threw their understanding of spoken English out the window .... o_O
Surprised that I didn't bump into you! Even walked through Central Park at 3 am!

advertisement

Back