advertisement

Resurrecting 10 year old threads in off topic

It’s easily done I guess especially if using the search function so find a particular topic, I’m guilty of not looking at the date first as well!

Is there a way to prevent it? Seems to be an increasing practice. Typically I will get half way down the first page before I notice, only to then jump 10 plus pages to new posts to find a single post that often as not just says the equivalent of “+1”. Why not start a fresh thread? You always insert a link to an old discussion.

I’ve never considered it an issue. Subjects don’t suddenly become obsolete, and it is sensible to leave things open as opinions can change. I guess I think more on audio stuff, but some of my threads have been decade-plus journeys with a lot learned and opinions revised along the way. I like that is possible. I don’t post much on other forums, but have on occasion wanted to update something I stated with better current information only to find the thread locked. That’s why I don’t lock stuff, though it does seem like we are getting some bot reanimation of late.

pfm Threads on the Edge of Forever ..?

I'm sorry - all those 'Edith Keeler' valve amps still have to die.

Spock_amp.jpg

This is not a technical help forum, where ancient posts are a confusion against current software releases.
A lot of the discussion is about equipment made before most of us were born, so it remains relevant and there is usually no good reason to close it.

Is there a way to prevent it? Seems to be an increasing practice. Typically I will get half way down the first page before I notice, only to then jump 10 plus pages to new posts to find a single post that often as not just says the equivalent of “+1”. Why not start a fresh thread? You always insert a link to an old discussion.

No, No and No

Dunno about ten y.o. threads but the number of times I've avidly perused lesser antiques, only coming across my own post on page 4 or whatever. Really pisses me off for that part of my life which I'll never get back !
Happened to me yesterday. I was reading happily and thinking of the wise and wonderful words I would add at the end, only to find those words mid-thread written by a younger me.

Alarmingly it was identical to what I was thinking of saying…

As this has clearly become an hilarious meme hopefully Tony will disable responses to long dead threads

If anyone is a frequent offender of failing to spot the date when reading and/or replying to threads, maybe this audio and music ‘appreciating all the detail’ isn’t quite for them? Aye put your calendars on Mana and see how you get on.

advertisement

Back