advertisement

[FS] Rega Naia and Technics SL1210G

3 hours to go, still at £6000 - someone may be about to get a Naia for a song.
Yes, a song at this price, but these auctions can see a frenzy of last minute - no, last second - bidding, and end with a much higher, and realistic, final selling price.

Hope the seller was taking advantage of an 80% off selling fees deal...

Wish I had the resources to enter the bidding as I would see the Naia as the final and last turntable I get and a replacement of the Alphason Sonata I have had since the 1980's though I am probably too late to make this sort of investment in my hifi as I head for old age - deafness and Dementia. Just would end up leaving it to my son.

Yes, there are quite a few watchers. The bidding pattern has been normal except that in the first 24 hrs the price reached £6000, higher than I expected in the initial flurry. There has been no bidding for nine days, which suggests that everyone still in the game knows to let rip at the end and not contribute to the inflation. Very occasionally I've had slightly disappointing auctions which have not risen very much at the end, but not usually. We shall see, but I doubt that a bid for £6100 is going to steal it.

I can't say I didn't hope for more, but the market sets the price, and there were 130 watchers, and over a thousand views of the page, so I can't complain. That's the market value. I have a better insight into why Rega only make four Naias per month.

Great purchase there!!

As always if I had know (in hindsight) I would have bid more than that upto 7.7/8K but I thought wrongly it would go for more.

I think that part of the problem was that it came without the Aphelion 2 cartridge and therefore the £1000 discount that comes from Rega when buying the cartridge with the TT.

At £6100 + £3500 for the Aphelion 2 the total cost would be £9600. Even though the TT had very low hours and looked in amazing condition it was still a 2nd hand item.

I'm sure that I could get a 10% discount from a dealer when buying a new TT - so the cost to buy a new Naia including Aphelion 2 would probably be around £11k.

Just trying to explain why the market came to set the price it did.

Definitely surprised me, but with 130 watchers I have to accept that's what it's worth. I've probably offered more auctions which exceeded my expectations than fell short, but this wasn't one of them.

£10k for a Naia no cart list though! 40% off for what is an open box is a lot.
Agreed - however probably nearer £9k from a dealer after discount, then you have to pay full price for the Aphelion 2 without the £1000 discount.

30% off list price for 'nearly new' 2nd hand items is not uncommon on eBay.

I think maybe the time of day the auction finished didn't help. Also collection limits interest. Definitely finished lower than I thought it would. I would rather keep it than let it go at that price.

I think that part of the problem was that it came without the Aphelion 2 cartridge and therefore the £1000 discount that comes from Rega when buying the cartridge with the TT.

At £6100 + £3500 for the Aphelion 2 the total cost would be £9600. Even though the TT had very low hours and looked in amazing condition it was still a 2nd hand item.

I'm sure that I could get a 10% discount from a dealer when buying a new TT - so the cost to buy a new Naia including Aphelion 2 would probably be around £11k.
As someone who was very tempted to bid but did not for exactly that reason, I think ajm has it spot on here. At the price being asked on here, a bit of haggling might have seen someone pick up a brand new one with Aphelion delivered and installed at home for less.

60% of RRP for used consumer electronics (which is what it is) is not all that bad really.

Still a bit jealous of hamjam though!

advertisement

Back