advertisement

REGA ISIS CD Player

Rich,

As Hifi Dave says the word is more likely to Blingy, in respect of the details in the post.

Bringy/Blingy - i.e. your experience with Naim CDP/amplification :D

I suspect that the gear in question was on glass shelves which was enhanced by the silver speaker cable.

what does BRINGY mean ?

can the original user please respond

and the letter L is not anywhere near the letter R on a regular QWERTY keyboard so i'm confused ???

what does BRINGY mean ?
can the original user please respond and the letter L is not anywhere near the letter R on a regular QWERTY keyboard so i'm confused ???

You've been out of the loop for a few months now, things have moved on, the terminology and equipment has all changed:D:D:D:

1) Anything that doesn't have an orange glowing glass bulb in it, is now called Solid State (SS for short).
2) Valve amps are now called tube amps, or TA's for short.
3) You will hear words like SET, Push-Pull, Triode, Ultralinear in relation to tube amps. SET & Triode are the same thing, Push-Pull & Ultralinear are the same. It all depends which one you feel comfortable using, whether you want to sound like an old-fart or a hip audiophile.
4) Naim has been detailed as being the new Linn for this decade, soon John Lewis and Waitrose will be stocking it as a must have accessory to be with the in-crowd.
5) Densen is the new Dynavector, (people are dying (literally) in their wait for the HX100 to arrive, so they are looking elsewhere).
6) Linn is going back to basics, and reintroducing the old but good designs of the 1980's.
7) Downloads and streaming have taken their place among the iPod generation, leaving black and silver disc owners/purchasers to sit back and enjoy the music without having to spend hours getting their iPad to connect wirelessly with their music server.

Keep paying attention as this is a fast moving market place, and it could all change at the drop of a hat as some new (1950/1960's) gear is repackaged and sold as the latest an greatest technology.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

advertisement

Back