advertisement

REGA ISIS CD Player

Although the new CDX2 with a 555PS would sound a lot better for about the same money.

Have you actually been able to listen to one against the other or is that just an assumption.
My experience of this exact comparison was that the Rega absolutely trounced the Naim at this level. I have also been informed of a CDS3 555 owner in my area, who upon listening to the Isis during a home dem, immediately ordered it to replace the Naim.Cheers.
Hi - I think you misunderstood my post there, I was responding to the post immediately above which talked about the CDS3/XPS2 for £8k or whatever. I was pointing out that an alternative Naim combo would sound better (I've heard them both). But no, of course I have yet to hear the Isis - I'm sure it's superb, keep the descriptions coming!

A long-standing company looking to crack the international high-end should really check its spelling. I would be put off buying an 'intergrated' amp secondhand...

http://www.rega.co.uk/index2.htm

If that's all you can criticise in Rega, then they haven't much to worry about.

One point that amuses me no end is that you fanboys would bite off your own feet rather than believe there's more to listen to than Naim.......

If that's all you can criticise in Rega, then they haven't much to worry about.

One point that amuses me no end is that you fanboys would bite off your own feet rather than believe there's more to listen to than Naim.......

Ah - now that's a fairly silly thing to say, since you don't know me. I could take serious offence at your tone, but I can't be bothered.

I own two Rega turntables and am always interested in their new products. A new Rega CD and amp combination that challenges the best of British is obviously going to be worth listening to. You'll have noticed that on the previous page I made a rather frustrated reference to the fact that there is no 'reference' dealer anywhere near my area. That would imply an interest in hearing their products.

Ho hum. I had a Saturn at home for a weekend, and preferred my Naim combo by a wide margin. Not surprising, since there was a 500% price difference. But of course I make the effort to listen. I've tried numerous other amps etc at home too - usually with the same result. Quite often the effort of getting hold of these things and hearing them at all is out of all proportion etc... which is why it's good that an accessible company like Rega is now aiming high.

My reference to their use of English is simple. You don't care. I probably don't care because I know enough about Rega to know that they have more important things to think about. It's fashionable in the UK generally, post-Thatcher, not to care about these things. But they're now going for a different market... and it, well, just looks crap.

Bye Les.

"Windy today . . .

Thought it was Thursday . . .

. . . Me too, . . . Tea?"

Don't know what made me think of it.

Terry actually has a valve version up and running which I heard recently. Can't really comment on the sound as it was through a wholly unfamiliar system.

£5k. Rega's last CD player I imagine as the format can't have more than 5 years to live.

Poor misunderstood me!
When I said 'it just looks crap' I meant the misspelling, not the machine. I think the Isis looks great. Now can I just hear one??!!!

Dave,

Can you bring the Isis to my place? I'll spring for pizza.

Joe

advertisement

Back