advertisement

Red Kites Sony A9ii 200-600

ron

Tweaker
Decided to try the Sony A9ii with 200-600 lens, this is my first mirrorless camera . I love my Nikon D850 and will be keeping it but for some wildlife the sound of the shutter sounding like an old typewriter tends to scare off a lot of the subjects. I'll use the D850 for when larger crops are needed and hopefully some Landscape shots (something I desperately need practice with).
I've only had the Sony a few days and already enjoying using it especially the customisation , battery life isn't as good as the Nikon but that was to be expected so I ordered a couple of spares as back up . The AF is this cameras strongest point, its very impressive even with this slow zoom (f6.3 at 600mm )
Anyway I grabbed a few Red Kite photo's , the files are very different to what I'm used to so apologies if anything looks off

_DSC8252 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC7827 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC7650 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC8186 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC8183 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

heavier crop on this one

_DSC7303 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

Fantastic photos! Especially like the last one - the texture, colour and curves in the wings. I’ve been meaning to sit in ambush (with a camera) of the ones we have round here, this reminds me I’d better get on and actually do it sometime!

Reactions: ron
Fantastic photos! Especially like the last one - the texture, colour and curves in the wings. I’ve been meaning to sit in ambush (with a camera) of the ones we have round here, this reminds me I’d better get on and actually do it sometime!
Thank you , I like to wait around until the lightings nice on the feathers

I wouldnt have thought of looking at Sony Cameras but that is Impressive stuff !

I take it your not a photographer then as Sony are making some very impressive cameras and lenses these days.

Cracking pictures too and the detail is superb.

Reactions: ron
I take it your not a photographer then as Sony are making some very impressive cameras and lenses these days.

Cracking pictures too and the detail is superb.

Depends on the definintion of a Photographer i guess. I havent bought or looked at Camera Gear for 3 years or so and Sony weren't in the running back then.

advertisement

Back