advertisement

Red Kites Sony A9ii 200-600

I take it your not a photographer then as Sony are making some very impressive cameras and lenses these days.

Cracking pictures too and the detail is superb.
Must admit I'm loving using this A9ii , the customisation is one of the huge benefits

TBH I was the same , this is my first mirrorless camera coming from a Nikon D850

Snap.... I have a D850 and and also my old D800 :)

i3MTItj.jpg

A couple more shots
Thanks Ron, we have quite a few in east Herefordshire now, to go with buzzards and kestrels. I'm looking at getting one of these to go with my GX9...

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consum...camera-lenses/lumix-g-lenses/h-rs100400e.html

Excellent lens, beauty with micro four thirds it gives that reach without the weight . A lot of my older friends have ditched their full-sized cameras in favour of these ,one gets great macro shots with an Olympus and 100-400

Snap.... I have a D850 and and also my old D800 :)

i3MTItj.jpg
Very nice , I've had people asking me when am I selling my D850 , my answer is I'm keeping it . I still love the IQ out of the D850, not many high MP cameras can do what this one can do. I've tried Sony's A7R4 and in all honesty I felt the images and just the focus accuracy of the Nikon was far better

A couple more shots

Excellent lens, beauty with micro four thirds it gives that reach without the weight . A lot of my older friends have ditched their full-sized cameras in favour of these ,one gets great macro shots with an Olympus and 100-400

I would agree, they are very easy to carry with you more of the time to grab more shots.

I also love the Leica connection for both the quality of the lenses and the design aesthetic of the bodies, it was an inspired move for both Leica and Panasonic to partner. It gave Leica access to the manufacturing base of Panasonic, and Panasonic access to the technology and know how of Leica.

My GX9 is very reminiscent of a classic rangefinder camera style body and still has a viewfinder which I prefer having grown up using Nikon film cameras, with one of the first EMs in the UK, followed by an FE which I still have.

Reactions: ron
I would agree, they are very easy to carry with you more of the time to grab more shots.

I also love the Leica connection for both the quality of the lenses and the design aesthetic of the bodies, it was an inspired move for both Leica and Panasonic to partner. It gave Leica access to the manufacturing base of Panasonic, and Panasonic access to the technology and know how of Leica.

My GX9 is very reminiscent of a classic rangefinder camera style body and still has a viewfinder which I prefer having grown up using Nikon film cameras, with one of the first EMs in the UK, followed by an FE which I still have.

My mate tried my A9ii 200-600 , soon as he felt the weight compared to his Olympus he said Sod That !!! Quality of these micro four thirds cameras and available glass has got so good now though I totally understand why they are so popular . For me one would be ideal for macro and just as a walk around camera , my current gear can be a PIA if out for long walks . Its why I try to explain a 600mm f4 wouldn't really be suited for me

I started with m43 cameras by accident a few years ago. The first camera was Panasonic G3 which proved just too small for my large hands. Now have G80 and G6 as back up. Full range of lenses. No way I would want to carry around FF gear.

I started with m43 cameras by accident a few years ago. The first camera was Panasonic G3 which proved just too small for my large hands. Now have G80 and G6 as back up. Full range of lenses. No way I would want to carry around FF gear.

The main downside with photographing wildlife is the lenses , The A9ii body is tiny compared to my D850 but with the 200-600 makes its just as bulky as the DSLR

advertisement

Back