Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Record shipped in shrink wrap!

Discussion in 'music' started by MVV, Aug 4, 2022.

1. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Got Loaded a missing velvets album from Amazon. Paid a bit more than usual. I literally couldn’t believe it when it arrived in the standard shrink wrap with a label on it. Cover naturally damaged. Irritating but surprised non the less. Presumably they never arrive undamaged so they must get almost all back.

2. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

In the US all new LPs come in shrink wrap. And are shipped that way. Damage is not necessarily inevitable.

3. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Not necessarily inevitable but extremely likely.

Nytechy likes this.
  4. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

Not shipped in a cardboard mailer?!

I was shocked when an LP I bought from Amazon was shipped in a brown paper bag, usually they're shipped in cardboard mailers and/or oversized boxes. Needless to say it arrived dog-eared and was returned with a strongly worded criticism of the inadequate packaging!

5. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Here's a tip: never buy anything from Amazon. You're welcome.

Andy Stephenson, Waxy and julifriend like this.
  6. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

FTFY. :D

7. kingston12

kingston12 pfm Member

I've had this, and it's certainly annoying.

What I've found is that the product page will show a section for 'Packaging' under the price. If this says 'Shows what is inside' that is one of the products that they ship without any additional packaging.

On some of these products, they allow you to add Amazon packaging at checkout, but on others they don't. If they don't, I always buy that record from somewhere else!

8. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Oh, ONLY in shrink wrap? That's very different. Never mind. I've never had that happen, and I'd be upset if it did.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  9. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Had that before from Amazon, their return service is excellent though. Returned over a 1/3 of LPs from Amazon in the last couple of years, all for various damage, sound quality.

10. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

what about cover damage, must take a few biffs, let alone the record itself

11. Sugarman

Sugarman Active Member

I once bought an extremely rare techno record off Ebay, it was, ahem, yes was in mint condition and it cost me £70. The seller sent it in a paper envelope. Needless to say, it arrived damaged, cracked, it still played though. I returned it to the seller and left him a neg feedback, his reply to my feedback was, "it still played though"!

12. Warszawa

Warszawa pfm Member

I got so sick of Amazon doing this that I stopped buying vinyl from them. I feel better supporting a shop like Resident Records anyway.

It's not a case of missing a "ship in amazon packaging" option either. (I'm all for that for many products.) There has been something wrong with the system for years now and the packers don't seem to be able to use their initiative. I tried selecting the gift option once to see if that would help and it came in a paper bag.

13. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Until Amazon is literally the last place left selling food I think I'll continue to have no trouble avoiding it.

boon likes this.