advertisement

Record shipped in shrink wrap!

MVV

pfm Member
Got Loaded a missing velvets album from Amazon. Paid a bit more than usual. I literally couldn’t believe it when it arrived in the standard shrink wrap with a label on it. Cover naturally damaged. Irritating but surprised non the less. Presumably they never arrive undamaged so they must get almost all back.

In the US all new LPs come in shrink wrap. And are shipped that way. Damage is not necessarily inevitable.

In the US all new LPs come in shrink wrap. And are shipped that way. Damage is not necessarily inevitable.
Not shipped in a cardboard mailer?!

I was shocked when an LP I bought from Amazon was shipped in a brown paper bag, usually they're shipped in cardboard mailers and/or oversized boxes. Needless to say it arrived dog-eared and was returned with a strongly worded criticism of the inadequate packaging!

Got Loaded a missing velvets album from Amazon. Paid a bit more than usual. I literally couldn’t believe it when it arrived in the standard shrink wrap with a label on it. Cover naturally damaged. Irritating but surprised non the less. Presumably they never arrive undamaged so they must get almost all back.

I've had this, and it's certainly annoying.

What I've found is that the product page will show a section for 'Packaging' under the price. If this says 'Shows what is inside' that is one of the products that they ship without any additional packaging.

On some of these products, they allow you to add Amazon packaging at checkout, but on others they don't. If they don't, I always buy that record from somewhere else!

Had that before from Amazon, their return service is excellent though. Returned over a 1/3 of LPs from Amazon in the last couple of years, all for various damage, sound quality.

I got so sick of Amazon doing this that I stopped buying vinyl from them. I feel better supporting a shop like Resident Records anyway.

It's not a case of missing a "ship in amazon packaging" option either. (I'm all for that for many products.) There has been something wrong with the system for years now and the packers don't seem to be able to use their initiative. I tried selecting the gift option once to see if that would help and it came in a paper bag.

advertisement

Back