advertisement

Record covers

Are you sure you really want to ask these questions while on other threads you are comparing qualities of cartridges in the £500 - £1,000 price bracket?

And does this really tie in with your comments about completely refinishing and rebuilding your LP12, and going through a Manticore Mantra as well?

And yet you are asking whether you should store your records vertically or horizontally?

Seriously?

Anybody would think you were just trying to get your post count above the magic 50 before unleashing a pair of SBLs onto the classified section.

There again, I could just be a cynical old git.

John

You cynical old git! ;)

From another one.

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the Nagaoka 'U' shaped bags?

I need some to put new 12" Lps in to protect them from the hard cardboard inners that modern vinyl is so often supplied in.

Failing that where is the cheapest place to buy the Nagaoka bags?

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the Nagaoka 'U' shaped bags?

I need some to put new 12" Lps in to protect them from the hard cardboard inners that modern vinyl is so often supplied in.

Failing that where is the cheapest place to buy the Nagaoka bags?

Check out the Sleevecity site referred to in the 2nd post. Under Record Sleeves, Inner, there are a number of cheaper polyethylene anti-static sleeves. I've just ordered some of the 2.0 version to try.
Cheers
Muzz

Are you sure you really want to ask these questions while on other threads you are comparing qualities of cartridges in the £500 - £1,000 price bracket?

And does this really tie in with your comments about completely refinishing and rebuilding your LP12, and going through a Manticore Mantra as well?

And yet you are asking whether you should store your records vertically or horizontally?

Seriously?

Anybody would think you were just trying to get your post count above the magic 50 before unleashing a pair of SBLs onto the classified section.

There again, I could just be a cynical old git.

John

yep you're a cynical old git I've been a member on here since may but used to be mainly on the naim forum until i got fed up that they all seem to be naim or nothing. Got abuse for saying I preferred the sound of neat elites to the sbl's and got told i was lazy for liking plug n play speakers etc.

Just wait you'll plenty more stupid questions from me. I have only been into vinyl for about 18 months but in that time have bought/sold loads of different decks/arms and cartridges, just have a look at my ebay feedback and you'll see it's gone through the roof in the last 6 months. I may understand the complexities of how cartridges work or how to build an lp12 but thats because I'm an engineer and like to experiment and build things myself. There's still a lot I don't understand, like why people go on about lp12 p-clips so much but thats crap i'll pick up later.

Good on'yer Dude and in this forum, you are at least allowed to mention and discuss....
here goes.....alternate power supplies....I said it and it was easy,he says looking over his shoulder!
ATB Andrew

Which more than doubles the price - would a group buy make any sense?
Dave.

I was quite happy with the price - shipping 50 inner sleeves costs about the same as shipping a single vinyl LP from the states.

Group buy would make no sense for me as I am in Spain...

advertisement

Back