advertisement

Record covers

Mike g

pfm Member
Ok so the last time I got these from covers 33 I got the wrong sort- the re sealable ones which are for the lp cover etc and the ones I need are the inner sleeves which it inside the cover. What size do I need, is there a difference between PVC and polythene and if polythene is there a difference between the 400 and 250 gram versions? Or should I get the paper/poly ones? Happy for record in new inner to go straight into the larger cover and not inner into inner.

Thanks Truk, i am currently very happily using Nagaoka #102 and your choice of sleeves look very good at a great price.

Thanks Truk, i am currently very happily using Nagaoka #102 and your choice of sleeves look very good at a great price.

I have the 102´s on many of my LPs but I found them a bit too thin and therefore difficult to use. On the plus side they do fit easily inside the supplied LP paper sleeve for those who want that.

I still only use Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves as imo they are the best out there

Yes they are good and well thought of but the downside with them is the corners often fold over making them fiddly to get out and back in the LP cover. The ultimate audiophile are thicker and so apparently dont suffer from this problem.

Whats the advantage of these record sleeves over the standard paper ones?

Excuse the naivety but only got into vinyl last year.

Polyethylene lined to prevent paper scratches to the vinyl.

I´ve found some supplied paper sleeves are very unkind for the vinyl - the Naim Music ones for example have ruined a couple of my LPs. I have 2 new Naim LPs and i havent even bothered to open and play them yet. Im waiting until I get some new inner sleeves when the Naim ones will be replaced and binned.

Nagaoka (or the slightly cheaper Japanese made unbranded variety) U-shaped inners are perfect for sliding inside existing paper or card inners and will help prevent against damage. They do, however, have a problem in that they aren't stiff so have a tendency to ruck up without extra support. In this case, the Discwasher VRP types - I think now sold as Mobile Fidelity Inners - are a better bet, although they do cost more and usually won't fit inside existing inner sleeves. I tend to use both the Nagaokas and the VRPs depending on what's required. Goldring Exstatic inners are also good and are stiffest of the lot, but also the most costly. Just make sure you thoroughly clean any LP before putting inside a new inner sleeve.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I would agree MoFi are the best.

MoFi here too :D

But to be fair, you need a comination for different situations.

I have a stock of Nagaoka to go inside picture inner sleeves as well.

Best all round product goes to the MoFi;)

what's the best way to stack records, horizontal or vertical. Have just got a big bookcase from ikea and the records fit perfectly into the shelve cubes vertically. Some do lean at about 30 degrees though especially when a cube isn't completely full to keep them all upright.

what's the best way to stack records, horizontal or vertical. Have just got a big bookcase from ikea and the records fit perfectly into the shelve cubes vertically. Some do lean at about 30 degrees though especially when a cube isn't completely full to keep them all upright.

Vertically.

sounds wholesale on ebay are excellent. Really good product and keen pricing. Their delivery is spot on too. I always prefer the poly lined paper sleeves as I have problems getting it in with the others!

I possibly now have 500 of their inner sleeves!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=290654004815

They are cheaper too per sleeve if you go for more.

Seconded and recommended; I've bought hundreds and they're well made and consistent in quality.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

Are you sure you really want to ask these questions while on other threads you are comparing qualities of cartridges in the £500 - £1,000 price bracket?

And does this really tie in with your comments about completely refinishing and rebuilding your LP12, and going through a Manticore Mantra as well?

And yet you are asking whether you should store your records vertically or horizontally?

Seriously?

Anybody would think you were just trying to get your post count above the magic 50 before unleashing a pair of SBLs onto the classified section.

There again, I could just be a cynical old git.

John

Are you sure you really want to ask these questions while on other threads you are comparing qualities of cartridges in the £500 - £1,000 price bracket?

And does this really tie in with your comments about completely refinishing and rebuilding your LP12, and going through a Manticore Mantra as well?

And yet you are asking whether you should store your records vertically or horizontally?

Seriously?

Anybody would think you were just trying to get your post count above the magic 50 before unleashing a pair of SBLs onto the classified section.

There again, I could just be a cynical old git.

John

Ah, yes. The proliferation of unconnected threads does rather point in that direction. And I'm just an old git; not even cynical.:)

advertisement

Back