advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Been watching Kin, an Irish Sopranos, on iPlayer of late... it's nonsense and patchy in places, but for some reason I find it quite compelling viewing. It's a bit of escapism I guess and I need that as the news from Gaza every day just makes me a mixture of depressed and angry.
Try Love/Hate on ITVX, similar in that it's set in Dublin and about the life of various members of a drugs gang, but a bit more gritty and less fanciful.

Been watching Kin, an Irish Sopranos, on iPlayer of late... it's nonsense and patchy in places, but for some reason I find it quite compelling viewing. It's a bit of escapism I guess and I need that as the news from Gaza every day just makes me a mixture of depressed and angry.
Pity no series 3 as all actors are out of contract, unlikley to get them back any time soon.

Kin was good. Shogun on Disney has potential & Mr Inbetween is one of the best things I’ve seen in a long while. You can all thank me later.

Of course the main news is Shed & Buried Classic Cars coming to Quest on Thursday. It’s a work of genius, it’s The Wire of ‘reality’ TV.

How did you find the sound quality?

We just watched the first episode and the sound quality was incredibly bad at times.

"Extraordinary" (Disney+) Typical 20-somethings flatshare comedy, but set in a world (specificallly London) where every adult has some kind of minor and/or ridiculous superpower - except for our heroine. Some surreal laugh-out-loud gags, a strong supporting cast, more heartfelt than it lets on, and lots of that "modren pop music".

Kin was good. Shogun on Disney has potential & Mr Inbetween is one of the best things I’ve seen in a long while. You can all thank me later.

Of course the main news is Shed & Buried Classic Cars coming to Quest on Thursday. It’s a work of genius, it’s The Wire of ‘reality’ TV.
Mr Inbetween is great! Binged it years ago.

Squaring The Circle, a Hipgnosis biopic. Directed by Anton Corbijn, with lots of heavy friends in talking head slots. And one of the blokes from Oasis to make it relatable to the kids.

An interesting film, which looks at the rise and fall of the sleeve designers. It is quite Floyd focused. I hadn't realised that Floyd and the Hipgnosis founders knew each other in Cambridge.

'Manhunt' on Apple TV. Tobias Menzies stars as Abraham Lincoln's Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton as he searches for John Wilkes Booth immediately following Lincoln's assassination. Excellent thus far.

Squaring The Circle, a Hipgnosis biopic. Directed by Anton Corbijn, with lots of heavy friends in talking head slots. And one of the blokes from Oasis to make it relatable to the kids.

An interesting film, which looks at the rise and fall of the sleeve designers. It is quite Floyd focused. I hadn't realised that Floyd and the Hipgnosis founders knew each other in Cambridge.

Was very good, I bought my best mates son (age 15) the Hipgnosis book for his Xmas as he’s getting into “records”, it’s quite a weighty book.

We've been watching (and enjoying) Humans on ITVX, and were saddened to find that it was cancelled after the third season (which is where we currently are). It seemed to be rather good at exploring the complexity of artificially-created intelligent beings and the issues they bring.

How did you find the sound quality?

We just watched the first episode and the sound quality was incredibly bad at times.
We bought a new LG smart tv recently and on certain films it didn’t seem to matter how much I turned the sound up I still couldn’t hear the dialogue properly. I fiddled with the (many) settings and chose a different one though I can’t remember whether it was under ‘audio’ or something else… anyway it sorted the problem and you can hear our telly 3 doors away now… perhaps you have a similar problem..

advertisement

Back