advertisement

Recommendations for good budget interconnects

Another well thought after brand - Analysis Plus - certainly not cheap - but their lower end model is somewhat affordable if still 'not cheap' - the Analysis Audio One.

No dealers in the UK though..

Just ordered two sets of Amazon basics for my phono amp.Look like good value and appear well built.Will see when they arrive but £12 seems pretty good value.

I've tried to resist promoting my Mogami 2549 cables I have for sale in the classifieds, but they are top notch interconnects. The only thing budget about them is the price:)

Just received my Amazon Basics interconnects for my phono stage. Solid and well made with good plugs. Listening to some Bruckner at the moment.No complaints whatsoever.

Just received my Amazon Basics interconnects for my phono stage. Solid and well made with good plugs. Listening to some Bruckner at the moment.No complaints whatsoever.

.. until perhaps you hear a better pair of cables?

I should satisfy my curiosity - go big on a pair of very well respected cables - buy a used pair - then I can sell them on if they don’t make a significant difference to the sound.

.. until perhaps you hear a better pair of cables?

I should satisfy my curiosity - go big on a pair of very well respected cables - buy a used pair - then I can sell them on if they don’t make a significant difference to the sound.

No. I have a pair of expensive Nordosts and expensive Chords from when I was a young gullible audiophile. I even had a pair of Vertex. What the hell? Really not worth the expenditure. So glad I've got to a point where I'm not influenced by the hype and wild assertions anymore. I like being in this place. It should make my future very reasonably priced and I think rich in musical satisfaction and enjoyment.

No. I have a pair of expensive Nordosts and expensive Chords from when I was a young gullible audiophile. I even had a pair of Vertex. What the hell? Really not worth the expenditure. So glad I've got to a point where I'm not influenced by the hype and wild assertions anymore. I like being in this place. It should make my future very reasonably priced and I think rich in musical satisfaction and enjoyment.

OK I get it. But if I buy used and able to sell at little loss then I can try for myself (perhaps you would like to sell your cables?).

Well made plugs either end of shielded microphone cable. Buy or make your own. Cheaper stuff may work, but I generally find the sort of cables you get on e bay with molded plugs etc can be really buzzy.

Not just really cheap... high performance as well. In terms of spending more money than I would like it, seems the Chord Shawlines are a hit with audiophiles

Had some old chord interconnects. Forget the name, but were bight green. Tried the shawlines, and immediately ordered a pair.

C’mon Del, you know your current system isn’t transparent enough to hear the benefits of these exotic cables anymore! ;)

advertisement

Back