advertisement

Reclocking USB signals - significant improvement !

Are bats obvs or subjectivists is the real question?

Allegedly they also think the USB is a redundant interface for audio, but haven't yet figured out a way to tell us. Well they have tried,but usb keeps distorting their messages to ditch and use a purely digital pipe.

But you are correct, whilst bats primarily hunt using echolocation (sonar to us lot) they also have better eyesight than we sapiens. Quite smug creatures really.

Are you channelling Douglas Adams today?

It is a common misconception that bats are blind, or have poor eye sight, according to this article looking at bat myths:

"They're "blind as a bat." This one is particularly untrue: Bigger bats "can see three times better than humans,""

helpful when flying at dusk and dawn I assume ...
And, in other news, research has shown that posts are not deaf, they’re just ignoring you.

I have a bat detector I like to wave about like a fool on warm summer evenings when the bats are flying, cute little buggers, they do a circuit of the patio area outside my back door, love 'em. I like the bat detector, not least as it mixes down the bat ultrasound in a cheap but very effective way, good stuff.

All OT I fear ... sorry.

Even more OT, that reminded me that Prof Pye and his group had small cheap bat detectors designed and built back c1980 when I did some work for QMC Instruments. Initially for their work, but they sold quite well to others. Quite a simple circuit in a pretty box.

advertisement

Back