advertisement

Really good integrated amps

Yes, I didn’t understand that either. Plain, but not ugly.
Agreed. But this IS. :D
IMG-20230814-104243.jpg

Can I ask what speakers you use with the Accuphase? I have an E-370 which is lovely but am still searching for speakers that are 'just right' for it.

Bring it over one day and we will put it on the verity audio speakers .many demonstrations of verity use accuphase with them .superb speakers to match with

I dont think you are that far away

Last edited:
Eye of the beholder and all that, the Rega is plain but that Audionet is hideous, imo of course.

What have you used so far @The Bish ? What sort of budget do you have?

It's in a smallish room, 4m x 3m, and about 50cm from front baffle to wall on the long wall and with one side in a corner so not the ideal room but I can EQ/Dirac a bit if needed (at least for digital stuff). So far I've tried Revel M126be, Totem Sky Monitors, Harbeth P3s, ATC SCM11, Dynaudio Special 40s. Just looking for something that can help the dynamics a bit. The Accuphase produces a lovely sound and is better in many ways than all the other amps I've tried, but I sometimes miss the speed of the big parasound power and croft pre I used to use. I'm thinking about a pair of Fyne F700s or another dual concentric design. Budget up to 3k ish.

Bring it over one day and we will put it on the verity audio speakers .many demonstrations of verity use accuphase with them .superb speakers to match with

I dont think you are that far away

I bet it would sound fantastic - Verity Audio stuff would be a bit big for the room I fear!

Fynes are a good shout. The thing about Accuphase is that the name stands for something - the design priorities include preserving the phase relationships in the signal, so speaker designs which are as time- and phase coherent as possible will play to their strengths. Focal are great, Fyne ditto. If you're pushing the envelope a bit, price wise, the new EPOS ES14N are bloody good, I've heard them with my E480 and they absolutely sing.

On the Fynes, personal taste is a funny thing, but I'd take the F1.5 over the F700. The F1.5s are smaller, and it's the looks that polarise (I think they're great, in the flesh), but they are much classier in their sound. There's also the Vintage series, and the Vintage Five equivalent of the F1.5 which sounds even better. And the cabinet work is just gorgeous. Again, according to taste.

Fynes are a good shout. The thing about Accuphase is that the name stands for something - the design priorities include preserving the phase relationships in the signal, so speaker designs which are as time- and phase coherent as possible will play to their strengths. Focal are great, Fyne ditto. If you're pushing the envelope a bit, price wise, the new EPOS ES14N are bloody good, I've heard them with my E480 and they absolutely sing.

On the Fynes, personal taste is a funny thing, but I'd take the F1.5 over the F700. The F1.5s are smaller, and it's the looks that polarise (I think they're great, in the flesh), but they are much classier in their sound. There's also the Vintage series, and the Vintage Five equivalent of the F1.5 which sounds even better. And the cabinet work is just gorgeous. Again, according to taste.

Cheers, I’ll try a few Fynes and report back. That Epos looks good as well, might be a bit big though.

Found the cheaper Fynes quote impressive. Wouldn’t get out of bed for the Vintage stuff. Looks are lovely but something went very badly wrong when they voiced them.

Interesting that you say that Mike, and you’ll not be surprised to learn I disagree and think the Vintage (not Vintage Classic) are Fyne’s best yet. Their Fynest, if you like. :)

I love my little Croft Integrated and have no plans on changing it. But I'm curious, what are the best integrated amps?

I really like the simplicity of a single box and, impressive as racks and racks of Naim power supplies are, the fact that it doesn't take up a lot of space.
I have the Croft Phono Integrated. It showed some pretty spendy amps a clean set of heels in my listening room. That would include amps by LFD, Naim, Belles and Sugden. That said I now also have an Exposure 2510 that hasn’t left the system since it arrived. Once run in it is exactly what I had been looking for. Beautifully balanced with just the right amount of detail and nuance. Even the phono stage is excellent. So far it’s my favorite integrated amp. Being retired now, it might be my last.

It's in a smallish room, 4m x 3m, and about 50cm from front baffle to wall on the long wall and with one side in a corner so not the ideal room but I can EQ/Dirac a bit if needed (at least for digital stuff). So far I've tried Revel M126be, Totem Sky Monitors, Harbeth P3s, ATC SCM11, Dynaudio Special 40s. Just looking for something that can help the dynamics a bit. The Accuphase produces a lovely sound and is better in many ways than all the other amps I've tried, but I sometimes miss the speed of the big parasound power and croft pre I used to use. I'm thinking about a pair of Fyne F700s or another dual concentric design. Budget up to 3k ish.
But have you tried the Falcon Acoustics Q7 's?

I love my little Croft Integrated and have no plans on changing it. But I'm curious, what are the best integrated amps?

I really like the simplicity of a single box and, impressive as racks and racks of Naim power supplies are, the fact that it doesn't take up a lot of space.
Have you thought of a different Croft or modifying that one? eg the R. I had a modified interested with active line stage (like the 25), then upped the power to 90w for some new speakers. Had a 25r in to another amp and that was just exquisite - always wondered what the R integrated was like. Not sure what mod options there now (who could do it) but Deco Audio or Audioflair might be able to advise, maybe others. The integrated is the one pice of hifi I regret selling.

advertisement

Back