advertisement

RAYE nominated for 7 Brits

Just had a look around as I didn’t know much about her, but after a quick listen it is obvious why she has so many nominations. Really clever and on occasion very powerful stuff. This is amazing:

She’ll win it for that one alone, and there are a load more very cleverly constructed pop songs just rammed full of hooks.

Good Tiny Desk too with a good band and without all the autotune/FX etc.

We had a listen to a few tunes. I thought that there was nothing outstanding, and it was generally boring and safe.
I will question the Granddaughters soon to see what they think as I think that they are the target audience.

We had a listen to a few tunes. I thought that there was nothing outstanding, and it was generally boring and safe.
I will question the Granddaughters soon to see what they think as I think that they are the target audience.
Generally boring - ok grandad! 😜

She might be well advised to diversify. If my occasional visits to record shops and PInk Floyd's prodigious re-release schedule are anything to go by, grumpy old men might be the only people still paying for music.
Imagine she'll be recording a 3 x LP concept album about wizards any day now to capitalise on the lucrative Prog market.

My 21st Century Blues was introduced to me by my partner's eldest... it's an excellent album... she is a lot better than the average Brits fodder for sure.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
PS I’ve actually just bought it! It is outside of my comfort zone as I’m just not a fan of modern pop vocal processing, I’m possibly not even a fan of pop music at all (jazz, Krautrock, shoegaze, electronica and other leftfield areas are my home), but her song-writing and lyrics are clearly superb. She definitely has something to say.

I have a feeling it may surprise me in the way Little Simz’ ‘No Thank You’ did last year (a top five 2023 album for me).

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
She’s started out with a double album, so well on the way!

My album is a single LP Tony!

IMG_6174.jpeg

PS I’ve actually just bought it! It is outside of my comfort zone as I’m just not a fan of modern pop vocal processing, I’m possibly not even a fan of pop music at all (jazz, Krautrock, shoegaze, electronica and other leftfield areas are my home), but her song-writing and lyrics are clearly superb. She definitely has something to say.

I have a feeling it may surprise me in the way Little Simz’ ‘No Thank You’ did last year (a top five 2023 album for me).
Excellent. I found it a real grower and in fact it was my most listened to album on Spotify last year.

So anyone disagreeing with you is in the wrong and it must be because of their age?
No but there are enough hifi enthusiasts stuck in a music time warp. Hopefully that isn’t you but I couldn’t possibly think of describing her music as generally boring. What are your favourite artists or genres?

advertisement

Back