advertisement

RAYE nominated for 7 Brits

No but there are enough hifi enthusiasts stuck in a music time warp. Hopefully that isn’t you but I couldn’t possibly think of describing her music as generally boring. What are your favourite artists or genres?

If you haven’t noticed my very wide range of musical tastes by now, then I am not about to list things for you to try and prove your judgemental post.
I don’t think you understand people who don’t fit into a convenient stereotype.

I’m rather impressed with this album, certainly pretty original to my ears. Definitely some shades of Winehouse but her voice is less mannered.

Surprised ‘Tabs doesn’t like it as he’s generally on point when it comes to music.

I really must be out of touch.
Until I watched the 6.00pm news yesterday, I’d never heard of her.
I recall that, back in the Sixties, a High Court judge said he’d never
heard of the Beatles.

I'd never heard off her either. Do we qualify for some sort of "Old Farts" award?

I really must be out of touch.
Until I watched the 6.00pm news yesterday, I’d never heard of her.

I'm shocked!

I listen to mainly light orchestral music ( Vaughan Williams, etc. ), folk music and ‘60s/‘70s popular music.
Film soundtracks, such as South Pacific,

My copy turned up yesterday, thankfully it is a really nice sounding cut. I was a bit fearful once I figured out it was a single LP as it has a lot of tracks, but they are short and there is plenty of punch/heft. It’s really good and I like the way it almost plays as a concept album. Great songs and intelligent/dark content.

advertisement

Back