advertisement

R.I.P. John Ruggles - Analogue Innovation

I'm saddened by this news. I hadn't known John for long at all. We became acquainted over the last couple of months when I expressed an interest in some in-soles. My in-soles arrived late last week, and I messaged him on Sunday to thank him for sending me a set. Now I know why he did not respond.

RIP

Last edited:
I'm saddened by this news. I hadn't known John for long at all. We became acquainted over the last couple of months when I expressed an interest in some in-soles. My in-soles arrived late last week, and I messaged him on Sunday to thank him for sending me a set. Now I know why he did not respond.

RIP
This shows just how much dedication & love he had for music, working through much troubled times continuing to serve the wants of, I dare say many.

Oh that's so sad. My only dealings with John were to recently buy a set of suspension cones but he was very considerate and seemed like a really nice chap, going out of his way to get the items shipped despite obvious ill health, RIP.

Very sad to hear of Johns passing.

I bought one of his early Sole sub chassis, the aluminium wood laminate one. Best upgrade ever for my LP12.

A true egalitarian gent, relatively rare in Linnland.

When the Linn Keel came out I was looking for a cheaper alternative and I came across this site and found John. I bought the Sole and wrote up about it and was often on the phone with him. Wish I’d taken him up on his invite and gone to see him in Wales. All the best mate…RIP.

When the Linn Keel came out I was looking for a cheaper alternative and I came across this site and found John. I bought the Sole and wrote up about it and was often on the phone with him. Wish I’d taken him up on his invite and gone to see him in Wales. All the best mate…RIP.
Sadly we "all" have regrets in some ways. I was offered some Insoles when I upgraded from the original Sole (MKIV?) to the later Keel type version from him just last year to enable the fit of the Karousel. I not knowing what they were really so after a discussion it was mentioned they rid the deck of footfall & the bouncy springs. My response was... no thanks as the deck was not prone to footfall since the deck sits on a isolating rack (by air) which sits on a concrete floor so I declined his offer. I now wonder if this is something I should have at least tried?

Sadly we "all" have regrets in some ways. I was offered some Insoles when I upgraded from the original Sole (MKIV?) to the later Keel type version from him just last year to enable the fit of the Karousel. I not knowing what they were really so after a discussion it was mentioned they rid the deck of footfall & the bouncy springs. My response was... no thanks as the deck was not prone to footfall since the deck sits on a isolating rack (by air) which sits on a concrete floor so I declined his offer. I now wonder if this is something I should have at least tried?
I would try to get your hands on some. IMO, the spring is the problem with the LP12 musically.

So sad to hear of John’s passing, he was a gentleman and I enjoyed our months long dialogue until his death. RIP.

I have a AI Sole VIII sub-chassis and had sent its Rega cut AI arm-board back to John to exchange for a Linn cut AI arm-board. (I’m in Sydney, Australia).
Just as John was due to send it he must have started to deteriorate health wise (we spoke at length about his health).
I’ve waited this long to post something, because it felt insensitive and selfish, but I have no idea how to make my LP12 work without the arm-board he was about to send and wondered if anyone here knows if someone has picked up the pieces of Analogue Innovation?

advertisement

Back