advertisement

Qobuz hi-res/lossless plan £14.99 per month (UK)

Tempted by this as an alternative to Tidal but having signed up, the offers available are "Premium" 320kbs mp3 for £12.99 per month, HiFi for £25.99 or Studio at £32.99!!!

The latest offer is UK only. My account is with Qobuz France, guess who renewed their Sublime + subscription last month.

Tempted by this as an alternative to Tidal but having signed up, the offers available are "Premium" 320kbs mp3 for £12.99 per month, HiFi for £25.99 or Studio at £32.99!!!
Panic over - that was me trying to set it up via the iPhone app, the website shows the lower prices!

NOT SO FAST.

I had same message to change to Studio.

Studio

HI-RES QUALITY STREAMING FLAC 24-BIT UP TO 192 KHZ

• 50 million tracks
  • Available offline
  • On all your devices
  • No strings attached
Pay annually and it's like getting two months free. Your payment is made in one installment.

• Pro-rata rate on your previous subscription
  • -£111.99
  • Total
  • £38.00
Any question? Read our FAQ

Legal mentions :

• You can only play on one device at a time
  • Qobuz uses some of your device’s internet bandwidth to deliver music without interruption from buffering

Tempted BUT the 'only play On one device at a time' bit caught my eye.

Currently, I can play Qobuz on multiple devices at same time and I like it that way. I wonder if the new sub comes with new code to deny this facility.

I just ran quick test and have Qobuz playing concurrently in 3 instances - 2 on LMS streamers (iPad and PC) and another on the Qobuz iOS app on iphone.

Anyone done the 'upgrade' and tested this - before i push the purchase button?

Cheers

I was actually thinking of taking this deal after I got the email this morning... previously I've flitted butterfly-like from one streaming trial to the next (currently enjoying a Tidal 5 months for £5 deal from a couple of months back) but it would be nice to have a settled account where I can build a library etc. A little perturbed by guest's revelation about the one-device-only clause. That's a deal breaker for me I think. I'll have to actually read the T&Cs now (who does that??) Doh!

guest, you cannot play Tidal on more than one device simultaneously unless one of them is in offline mode. I’m guessing Qobuz is the same but I’m the only one in the household that uses it so not tested. Or do Qobuz mean just one device, ever? I don’t think so.

Legal mentions :

• You can only play on one device at a time

I suppose "one device at a time" is fair enough... but I'd like two. I always want more! lol I'd be the main user, but would like my wife to be able to use it on occasion - she'd never use it enough to warrant paying a family plan or anything. Ah well...still tempted.

Just did a trial with Qobuz.

I started by using the Qobuz app on my iPad, streaming to the hifi via Aries mini using wifi.

Then went to the kitchen and using my iphone and the Qobuz app tried streaming to a Bose Soundlink via bluetooth. The stream to the hifi stopped when the stream to the Bose started and there was a message on the iPad screen saying it had stopped because Qobuz was in use on another device.

So you can use Qobuz on at least 2 different devices, just not at the same time. I’m not sure when I would ever want to do that though.

I think if you want to do that, then that is what the ‘family’ subscriptions are for, though not sure if Qobuz offer a family subscription. Makes sense really, otherwise folks would share their password with friends and Qobuz lose income.

regards

Kevin

Just did a trial with Qobuz.

I started by using the Qobuz app on my iPad, streaming to the hifi via Aries mini using wifi.

Then went to the kitchen and using my iphone and the Qobuz app tried streaming to a Bose Soundlink via bluetooth. The stream to the hifi stopped when the stream to the Bose started and there was a message on the iPad screen saying it had stopped because Qobuz was in use on another device.

So you can use Qobuz on at least 2 different devices, just not at the same time. I’m not sure when I would ever want to do that though.

I think if you want to do that, then that is what the ‘family’ subscriptions are for, though not sure if Qobuz offer a family subscription. Makes sense really, otherwise folks would share their password with friends and Qobuz lose income.

regards

Kevin

Been a long term user. Sometimes my kids are listening in one room, me in another. Multi room listening is short answer.

Used to irritate on Spotify when I'd be shut out of listening whilst away, once someone played another Spotty track st home. I Di family Spotty now, but it's always been a value add for Qobuz for me.

I'll test it later.
Cheers

Hmm, wonder if they are frit of Amazon.
Well they dropped their prices in the States days after Amazon HD launched so that is quite a reasonable possibility! It’s taken a while for the price change to hit the UK, and it still hasn’t hit Europe. They say because of copyright issues, but who knows.

I’d argue the US is being heavily subsidised for obvious reasons. I don’t think unlimited high quality streaming for 15 quid a month even approaches rip off territory.
I never said £15pm was a rip off, but compared to the equivalent USD price it is. Yes, VAT will be part of the difference but there’s still a markup on the UK price

I have Qobuz and Tidal each on seven devices. With Tidal, so long as only one is online it’s fine. (As said, not tested with Qobuz but I bet it’s the same).

I never said £15pm was a rip off, but compared to the equivalent USD price it is. Yes, VAT will be part of the difference but there’s still a markup on the UK price
You are contradicting yourself if you remove the past tense/present tense.
If you think it’s a rip off don’t buy it.

advertisement

Back