advertisement

Qobuz going out of business?

Love the sound but so fed up with SBT integration that I'm seriously considering going back to Spotify, tacos just skip about and restart 20 seconds before the end and starts the track again! This doesn't happen on the desktop app and granted the a app is unofficial but it just isn't working anymore. Tried factory reset and reinstalling, thought it was working then it skips again. So annoyed.

It reads more like the equivalent of US chapter 12...

"La procédure de sauvegarde dans laquelle a été placée la société QOBUZ le 19 août permet à une entreprise saine de reprendre son souffle pendant une période d’observation de quelques mois. Ce temps est mis à profit pour reconstituer de la trésorerie et procéder aux ajustements dans l’organisation."

Roughtly translated...

The saving procedure ("La procédure de sauvegarde") that Qobuz was placed in in the 19th of August allows a company to catch it's breath for several months. This time may be used to build up the finances and make changes to the organisation.

So it ain't good, but it's not the end.

I hope they come through it ok

I have just bought a ticket to next month's audio show. it comes with a free month's subscription to.........Qobuz

Coincidence?

I have no problem with the sbt integration. The app is decent. There were some recent issues when they did a major upgrade but things have settled down now.

It reads more like the equivalent of US chapter 12...

"La procédure de sauvegarde dans laquelle a été placée la société QOBUZ le 19 août permet à une entreprise saine de reprendre son souffle pendant une période d’observation de quelques mois. Ce temps est mis à profit pour reconstituer de la trésorerie et procéder aux ajustements dans l’organisation."

Roughtly translated...

The saving procedure ("La procédure de sauvegarde") that Qobuz was placed in in the 19th of August allows a company to catch it's breath for several months. This time may be used to build up the finances and make changes to the organisation.

So it ain't good, but it's not the end.

I hope they come through it ok

wasn't aware Qobuz has anything to do with farming :confused:

Problem is now this announcement will damage their reputation and trust, after reading that I certainly wouldn't invest in them.

Sounds bloody great through my Bluesound node though

I have no problem with the sbt integration. The app is decent. There were some recent issues when they did a major upgrade but things have settled down now.

It was working great but I think a payment failed and since then there is some command line corruption, I have no idea what I'm doing so am getting frustrated.

I did a factory reset, removed and reinstalled it seemed to be working then today they tracks are restarting again, driving me mad.

I wrote to them at the weekend and customer services replied earlier this week. They said they had initiated a significant upgrade and it had caused problems. You may want to try these things, if you haven't already:
Reboot your router.
Go to the advanced settings on the LMS and reinstall your name and password. Uncheck the three boxes below.they cause more problems than solutions.
Steve

I'd be sad to see it go. The sound has been a revelation and I have enjoyed the classical and jazz. It's quit easy to set a playlist as well.Least we still have Spotify! We just need them to up the sound quality and all will be well!

Just trying to help, sure I got the chapter wrong, sorry about that. I'll not bother in future.

Well TBF the clue to the chapter number was in the title but you disagreed with the author and then had a tantrum when I simply pointed out (with a touch of sarcasm) that chapter 12 was for farmers

Qobuz Enters the Equivalent of Chapter 11 Protection

Probably best you don't bother in the future eh?

Well TBF the clue to the chapter number was in the title but you disagreed with the author and then had a tantrum when I simply pointed out (with a touch of sarcasm) that chapter 12 was for farmers

I was quoting from the official statement on the Qobuz website. I mistyped the number. As you say it should have been 11 rather than 12.

A shame but spotify has some that it's all about the size of the catalog rather than the resolution of what is available. 320kbps is perfectly adequate for most people in the same way a radio and an iPod has been good enough for most people.

We are weird anachronisms, Quobuz caters to the weird end of the weird anachronism.

It would be best if they removed the word audiophile from their sales spiel and just said "we offer better sounding music than spotify..."

Always had good service and support from them so it would be a shame to see them disappear when more competition in the Hi-res audio market is needed.

Wondering now if the latest Led Zep remasters disappeared from the catalogue because they were unable to pay the royalties. Noticed a few other artists have disappeared as my playlists are throwing errors that the media does not exist.

advertisement

Back