advertisement

Qobuz cut out halfway through track

No it does not skip with sonos into the dac section
And yes john s seems to think it does need an upgrade of some sort

sent john all the info on the dac and he says it needs to renderer updated and to get it touch with dealer which i will do
If it's the firmware that needs updating then you can easily do this yourself. The procedure is in the manual and it's a simple menu function.

In case of use
I seem to have sorted my problem with Qobuz stopping, glitching, jumping tracks, not seeing Rendu
System is Qobuz driven by Bubble, router plugged into adaptor and then into Sonore Sig
Random errors, never consistent
Adaptor swapped out and no problems since Tuesday

If it's the firmware that needs updating then you can easily do this yourself. The procedure is in the manual and it's a simple menu function.
no tried it and it says no updates . however according to John s it does need an upgrade

no tried it and it says no updates . however according to John s it does need an upgrade
Often you can upgrade via a USB Pen Drive - normally best to have nothing else on it but the firmware update file, usually ends something like .BIN or .ROM. Even if not advertised BC Tech might have a back door method. Other option is reset the renderer module and set it up from scratch again, it’s a computer “sh17 happens”.

Assume you’ve done an IT Crowd - turn off/on again - everything IT related - Router/Switch/WiFi Dishes/BC Unit.

john said this
You need the Renderer updated to 3.9.32 then you can update the Host firmware. Been in touch with dealer for advice , but thanks AA

I have this problem...Qobuz support were useless as was the rep at a hifi show I reported it to, she said she knew of the problem from other users but had no solution.

I hardly ever use it...it disappoints on not having the right version of the track, skipping unexpectedly and not playing the end of tracks.... perhaps I should cancel.

Better to have a local library, find new music via YouTube or Spotify and buy the CD to rip and then sell on or recycle.

I’m currently on a months free trial with Qobuz, I’ve just chosen not to continue with the subscription, I’ve recently had issues with albums not continuing to play after tracks finish, has happened mid track the odd time too.

just trying to do this from conversdigital ftp server

) Download PC Setup Program to your Windows PC from ConversDigital’s ftp server.2) It is an executable file. If the file is in zip format, please unzip the file. 3) Execute PC Setup Program and check whether your mconnect device is in the list of left window.* PC and mconnect device need to be connected to a same network(AP router).
Firmware Update with PC Setup Program• Firmware update takes several minutes. Please DO NOT power off during firmware update.•

When firmware update is completed, you will see your mconnect device again in the left window by clicking “Refresh” button.•

Download new firmware provided by ConversDigital to your PC.•

cannot for the life of me figure out how to find to find this ftp server to download a file to a pc laptop.. anyone any ideas ?

Last edited:
May not be relevant to your set-up but I had a problem with LMS and Qobuz where it would play part of a track then jump to the next, solved by increasing the buffer size in the server. I think your issue is more likely to be within the streamer than the control app.

This can also happen if you have recently received a new credit/debit card, and haven't updated your payment method with Qobuz. This happened to me last month. They then treated me as a new customer and gave me a month's free trial!

I’ve read that Cambridge Audio have contacted Qobuz about issues with Cambridge Streamers and Qobuz, it was on the Cambridge Evo 75/150 FB page I think.

Cheers BB

Anyone any ideas how to find this conversedigital ftp server for a windows pc ???
There is a Converse Digital FTP server which can be found. However you need user/password login details, file name and file location. That's not a procedure for the average user. So if the renderer update really needs FTP access then I think the instructions you have are neither complete nor user-friendly. It looks to me like it's a matter for dealer support.

thanks john , yes dealer sent it to me and trying to support me . trying to avoid sending my precious 7k bit of kit away by courier though !!!

thanks john , yes dealer sent it to me and trying to support me . trying to avoid sending my precious 7k bit of kit away by courier though !!!
With more details someone here could, I am sure, guide you through the process but with firmware updates there is always at least some risk (although so far I have personally never had a firmware update "brick" a device - even when the update failed and had to be re-done).

well just an update . been liasing with BC who are pretty good with pictures and more instructions and my dealer . after quite a bit of effort i do seem to have been able to download all the firmware and updates . not a simple process though !!!
Certainly gives me confidence to stay with BC whose products i love and hopefully upgrade again in the future

advertisement

Back