advertisement

Qobuz cut out halfway through track

hifinutt

hifinutt
Using qobuz on android smartphone via mconnect app .one incredibly irritating thing is often tracks just stop abruptly midway .so playing david wright continuum has a 22 min track and its stopped tonight after 7 mins .any ideas

Seems to do it with some albums

Its talking to a bel canto eix dac streamer from a fairly ancient samsung galaxy android phone . Strangely i looked up the mconnect control hd app and it said it would not be compatible with my smartphone but it would be ok on my samsung tablet which is more recent

The eix is hardwired to the fairly decent virgin router

Downloaded the mconnect control hd app onto the later samsung tablet .this was free for some reason , had to pay 5.99 for mconnect app on phone ..most odd

Will have a play and see if less of these irritating glitches

Sadly that stops halfway through a track and immediately goes to next track

I'm using an Allo usb signature player, with Moode operating system and Bubble upnp, controlled on my android phone.
Plays "He loved him madly" no problem !

Unfortunately I'm not technically minded to understand how these things work. But I imagine you could try Bubble upnp in place of mconnect, I think they perform the same function.

May not be relevant to your set-up but I had a problem with LMS and Qobuz where it would play part of a track then jump to the next, solved by increasing the buffer size in the server. I think your issue is more likely to be within the streamer than the control app.

This happens to me on rare occasions listening to Qobuz through Bluesound Node 2i, and it happened a lot more when I used a PC. So I think the problem might be peculiar to Qobuz. Odd thing is, you can skip to the next track just fine. Then if you go back to the problem track, it decides to play. The frequency of these pauses is much less than it used to be, but very annoying when it happens.

May not be relevant to your set-up but I had a problem with LMS and Qobuz where it would play part of a track then jump to the next, solved by increasing the buffer size in the server. I think your issue is more likely to be within the streamer than the control app.
More specifically (I had the problem along with several others here), the cure for the Qobuz app on LMS was to get it to either:
  1. always request a whole track and cache it on disk; or
  2. keep on requesting small chunks of a track as needed to keep in memory, but be persistent when the the Qobuz server connection failed, and try to re-establish it.
Option 1 ("cache each track on disk") seems to be how the Qobuz app on an iPhone works (from looking at network traffic).

In this case I think there is an Qobuz app running on Android. I do not know mconnect and how it interacts with them. However, is there some option in the Qobuz app or the Android OS or in mconnect to set how the interaction with the Qobuz servers works according to one of the above options?

thanks guys will continue to experiment . I am not sure how i could increase buffer size on streamer . I have a sneaky feeling its qobuz problem

I use qobuz and two Node 2i's, controlled from an Android phone. I use the Bluos control app for sound via wifi and sometimes Bluetooth too. I don't recognise your problem at all. I don't know what mconnect is, make of that what you will.

Phil,

If you're not aware, Mconnect or whatever app, doesn't stream anything itself. It does not stream music to your BC. The app merely acts as a remote control (as it were) for the streaming board in the BC. That board does the actual connecting to the Qobuz servers and sreaming the content.. BC don't make the board; I believe it's a Converse Digital product.

This type of issue is usually a problem with your network. Qobuz HiRes in particular can be problematic. Use decent ethernet cables and make sure they're all well seated. Buffer size is a function of the streaming board; you can't do anything about that. If you know someone local with a network bridge, or streamer with a digital out, perhaps they could come around and connect to your BC? If that works with no problem, then you know it's a limitation of the BC board.

A further thought here is the Virgin router, especially if it;s a Hub5. Many people using that report streaming problems.

Phil,

If you're not aware, Mconnect or whatever app, doesn't stream anything itself. It does not stream music to your BC. The app merely acts as a remote control (as it were) for the streaming board in the BC. That board does the actual connecting to the Qobuz servers and sreaming the content.. BC don't make the board; I believe it's a Converse Digital product.

This type of issue is usually a problem with your network. Qobuz HiRes in particular can be problematic. Use decent ethernet cables and make sure they're all well seated. Buffer size is a function of the streaming board; you can't do anything about that. If you know someone local with a network bridge, or streamer with a digital out, perhaps they could come around and connect to your BC? If that works with no problem, then you know it's a limitation of the BC board.

A further thought here is the Virgin router, especially if it;s a Hub5. Many people using that report streaming problems.
I have one of those and, occasionally, that problem with Qobuz . It’s clearly a bandwidth issue as it only happens with high res streaming - at least so that’s the case to date.

This happens to me on rare occasions listening to Qobuz through Bluesound Node 2i, and it happened a lot more when I used a PC. So I think the problem might be peculiar to Qobuz. Odd thing is, you can skip to the next track just fine. Then if you go back to the problem track, it decides to play. The frequency of these pauses is much less than it used to be, but very annoying when it happens.
I've experienced the same behaviour with a bluesound node and Qobuz although it's totally random and infrequent to be considered a problem.

seems to happen with long tracks , i listen to tracks ranging from 10 mins to 30 mins and its really irritation as you have to go back to the beginning !!

ok now this is very very odd
if i play david wright dark matter track [ first track]

using the sonos playing qobuz into my eix . it will play the 11 min track in 11 mins with no stops

using the mcontrol HD app playing qobuz on same track it plays the same 11min track in 3 mins !!! checked it twice

whats that about ?

ok now this is very very odd
if i play david wright dark matter track [ first track]

using the sonos playing qobuz into my eix . it will play the 11 min track in 11 mins with no stops

using the mcontrol HD app playing qobuz on same track it plays the same 11min track in 3 mins !!! checked it twice

whats that about ?
I’d ping Bel Canto. I think your amp has a CMD4140 streaming board, it might be possible to increase the buffer size - that might help things, email tech and ask if there’s a buffer size setting.

If you’re playing a track and the buffer empties the streamer has to poll back out to the service and depending on the software logic either start the track again or move onto the next queued track, usually move on is the choice.

you are a genius AA , i think you are right . i played same track direct to tablet using mconnect hd app and qobuz and it played at normal speed

flip me emailed BC on a saturday night and they replied in about 5 mins or less!!! wow thats fast !!!
dont think there are any buffer options though

flip me emailed BC on a saturday night and they replied in about 5 mins or less!!! wow thats fast !!!
dont think there are any buffer options though
Pity, worth asking though

A few years ago I think a PS Audio streamer/dac did something similar, can’t recall exactly will have a Google

Seems quite a lot of Qobuz skipping reports out there over the years. Make sure the BC is on latest firmware and mConnect is latest version. Hard to advise about IT as I know you’re not a geek - stuff related to Internet, Router, Gateway and DNS are areas I’d look at.

Can you borrow a Node or similar, see if you get skipping.

advertisement

Back