advertisement

Q Acoustics Speakers?

Isn't it interesting how we all hear things differently? Boxy isn't a characteristic I would associate with the 3010, but then again when I listen to small, ported standmount speakers my brain tends to subconsciously gloss over the quality of the bass since I know it will never be able to compete with larger sealed designs. For the money (£119) I find the 3010s to be impressively open and detailed in the mids and treble without sounding artificially skewed, though 1 or 2 more dBs output between 2kHz and 4kHz could help to give vocals/piano/acoustic guitar a tad more weight/presence.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...nd-q-acoustics-etc.210307/page-2#post-3376739

41804212502_1c1fa2418c_o.jpg
A small resistor in series with the tweeter would rebalance this nicely, that curve belongs to a slightly sibilant sound chasing "detail"

I think steve somes them up perfectly.
The bass is a little slower than some others manufacturers mentioned.
All in all a great budget speaker better matched with clean dynamic electronics.

I just bought a pair of 3010s in walnut for my workshop/office, got them in my second system at the moment (Rega/Linn/Meridian kit)... they sound the bees knees for the £28 I paid for them. Thanks Richer Sounds, proper bargain!

As others have said, they’re clean and even handed, no nastiness going on at all. They lack a little of the excitement of the Royd Sapphires that usually live there, but then a lot of speakers lack the excitement that the Royds offer. I’ll be quite happy listening to them on the end of a Linn amp and my iMac whilst I’m working!

I just bought a pair of 3010s in walnut for my workshop/office, got them in my second system at the moment (Rega/Linn/Meridian kit)... they sound the bees knees for the £28 I paid for them. Thanks Richer Sounds, proper bargain!

As others have said, they’re clean and even handed, no nastiness going on at all. They lack a little of the excitement of the Royd Sapphires that usually live there, but then a lot of speakers lack the excitement that the Royds offer. I’ll be quite happy listening to them on the end of a Linn amp and my iMac whilst I’m working!

That is a proper bargain! I find they scale really well with decent upstream equipment. I found them a bit harsh when I first heard them in my parents' kitchen system that comprised a Marantz MCR611, but when I borrowed them to try in my main system they were a revelation. The level of performance you can get for 100 quid these days is really impressive...

That is a proper bargain! I find they scale really well with decent upstream equipment. I found them a bit harsh when I first heard them in my parents' kitchen system that comprised a Marantz MCR611, but when I borrowed them to try in my main system they were a revelation. The level of performance you can get for 100 quid these days is really impressive...
I’m really pleased. I’ve had quite a few bargains from Richer Sounds in Lichfield. They’re on the end of electronics that would have cost over £3k new in the mid 90s to mid 00s and still hold up very well now, they don’t sound too out place there at all. I haven’t even played with positioning, they’re close to the wall at the minute because that’s how the Sapphires are happiest... I’ve a feeling they’d open up more if a pulled them out into the room a little... my daughter and her boyfriend are watching YouTube in there at the moment though (they’re not allowed upstairs :D).

advertisement

Back