advertisement

Purifi Class D or Naim NAP100 for new amp?

Don’t know about the Purifi but the NAP 100 has that boogie factor Naim is known for, easily serviceable over time, robust and will keep its value on the long term.

Don’t know if that helps: have a Naim NAP 180 and two NAP135 mono blocks in full Naim systems.

A couple of years ago I bought my first class D amplifier out of curiosity: https://www.xtzsound.eu/edgea2300#!/EDGE-A2-300/p/384936051
Surprisingly good and I have to admit while with a different tonality the XTZ amplifier performed on the same sound quality level like my olive Naim amps.

Then last year I bought this Purifi based amplifier: https://boxem-audio.eu/en/stereo-am...atte_dark_anthracite/9-mains_voltage-180_264v
Sound quality level is clearly above the olive Naim amps.

Loudspeakers used: Audio Physic Avanti 5, Shahinian Obelisk, Mission 760i, Klipsch RF3mkII

I would consider Nord as well. Ultimately it is down to your taste. I have had Naim D and valve. The best thing to do is to listen to all.

I am in malvern if you needed to listen

It's a simple choice between the old fashioned Naim house sound, or a class d amp with pretty much unmeasurable distortion, that'll be dead in ten years.

pretty sure my old bel canto class d are still out there and i had them well over 10 years ago !! Some do last well

Yup! Likewise, my old Tri-Path Bel Canto Evo 2 power amp never caused any problems and is still out there making sweet music..! (that was a sweet amp)

Which speakers will it be powering?

Agree with the above though that it would be interesting to hear how you boiled it down to those options, not least because the Purifi amp is going to be in a very different place price-wise.

You mean grey music eh..

Tonal colours, thats basically what I thought class D missed, timing were screwed, that "greyness" blanket all over were really annoying.

Each to their own PF! The chap I sold the Bel Canto to said he regretted selling his old one and felt that the Evo was quite special (so bought another one).

advertisement

Back